Can't afford school meals for kids, but billions for homebuyers, sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you can't afford to save, you probably shouldn't be breeding

Meanwhile back in the real world!

We're in a once in a century pandemic, we need to be doing as much as we can to help people. One of the hardest hit areas of the economy is hospitality, this is where many of people scrape a living on minimum wage to look after their families.

I presume you not saying that people should be "means tested" before having children, maybe if you earn under a certain amount you should be chemically neutered until you pass a threshold. If you're then unlucky enough to fall below that threshold, you know due to something like a pandemic that nobody could see coming or plan for!

Soldato
Ben Bradley, Tory MP, says in a tweet that the summer free school meals were effectively giving money to crack dens and brothels.

And then gets very uppity when called on it, denying it's what he said when the actual post is right there in the comment he's replying too!

We're in an era of post-truth, post-shame right wing politics. And it ******* sucks.

Soldato
I've just bought a new car even though deep down I knew I couldn't really afford to run it, maybe I can get the government to pay for my petrol each day.

And no, I haven't just bought a new car..

Permabanned
For everyone in here saying you shouldn’t be breeding if you can’t afford it -

Not everyone plans to have their life ruined, accidents do happen!

I really hope non of you lose your jobs or have a marriage breakdown or end up struggling. (If you have kids) .

You might finally realize that it’s not just black and white like that.

There’s a bigger picture to all of this.

Caporegime
No, what you're acting like is someone of typical ignorance by bashing those who are on benefits. I don't see the need for it.

I can do similar though: I think it's disgusting that I pay stamp duty so you don't have too. I also pay more taxes on my earnings so you don't have to. If you paid your way and managed your life a bit better, I wouldn't have to carry your sorry peasant arse in society.

Ouch someone is a bit testy.

Soldato
Ben Bradley, Tory MP, says in a tweet that the summer free school meals were effectively giving money to crack dens and brothels.

And then gets very uppity when called on it, denying it's what he said when the actual post is right there in the comment he's replying too!

We're in an era of post-truth, post-shame right wing politics. And it ******* sucks.

He grew up near me and I know many who know him. He's an absolute scum bag, just read through his tweets, they're hilarious and saddening.

Soldato

I really hope non of you lose your jobs or have a marriage breakdown or end up struggling. (If you have kids) .

You might finally realize that it’s not just black and white like that.

There’s a bigger picture to all of this.

Statistically speaking, at least some of the seething man children in this thread will be living at home with mummy and have no idea what they are talking about. Losing their livelihood would just mean being a bigger burden on the 'rents and lost revenue to OCUK... :p

Permabanned
Statistically speaking, at least some of the seething man children in this thread will be living at home with mummy and have no idea what they are talking about. Losing their livelihood would just mean being a bigger burden on the 'rents and lost revenue to OCUK... :p

Exactly. The world isn't just black and white like they perceive it. It's a lot more complex than that.

Soldato
At this point, pause to consider that MPs get their food and drink subsidised. A £31 meal in a parliamentary restaurant costs MPs £3.45. In 2018 this subsidy cost the taxpayer £4.4m.

Source:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1319664567979593729.html

Honestly I'd rather hungry kids got to eat than MPs that get paid than most (around £80k year basic fyi).
This story is totally disingenuous, the food there is not only for MPs, they are in the minority of people who use this service, there are hundreds of contractors who work there daily on a huge variety of tasks.

Soldato
It seems Ben Bradley (Tory MP) is having a busy morning.

Tory MP Ben Bradley is hit by backlash for suggesting free school meals cash went to 'crack dens and brothels'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-free-school-meals-cash-went-crack-dens.html

...and to follow it up, he's seemingly suggested that one of the schools in his area agrees with him (re not wanting free school meals) and invited Rashford along for a chat with the Head. Unfortunately for Ben, one of the school governors spotted this claim and it turns out that in reality the school does not agree with him.

Dear me.

From Twitter account @BraunandRed:
@BraunandRed: @BBradley_Mans @MarcusRashford Unfortunately for you I am a governor at that very school. I have just spoken to the head and I can assure you that our view is very much that the kids need FSM. I ask you to correct this and not give false impressions of a school who fight tooth and nail for their kids.

Understandably, Ben looked a bit squirmy when being asked about all this on the telly.

Last edited:
Soldato
This story is totally disingenuous, the food there is not only for MPs, they are in the minority of people who use this service, there are hundreds of contractors who work there daily on a huge variety of tasks.
Ok. They subsidise loads of people to eat in The MP's workplace to the cost of £4.4m, but refuse to fund food for vulnerable kids.

Doesn't change much, tbh.

Soldato
Fine, point taken. But where is the line between tax payers funding all of their food Vs paying for food of children.

Associate
I've just bought a new car even though deep down I knew I couldn't really afford to run it, maybe I can get the government to pay for my petrol each day.

And no, I haven't just bought a new car..
Too right, and I want a benefit to pay for my gambling habit - especially today, let's see, we've got loads of football, racing at Cheltenham and the Prem Rugby Final!- I need more bens otherwise my kids won't eat (unless I get a few winners of course)

Soldato

If you are talking about when a woman "accidently" gets pregnant.... No that's never an accident, women have over 20 forms of contraception.

Otherwise I would have plenty of unwanted kids by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom