Greta Thunberg

Capodecina
Soldato
I personally don't think the world is worth saving so couldn't give a monkeys.

Oh and I think Greta is being used and I'd like to know what business interests her parents have?
You "couldn't give a monkeys" about saving the world but you would like to know what business interests Greta Thunberg's parents have :confused:

What a VERY strange person you are.

Soldato
You "couldn't give a monkeys" about saving the world but you would like to know what business interests Greta Thunberg's parents have :confused:

What a VERY strange person you are.
Couldn't give a monkeys about climate change and saving the planet for the youth but I do like people being found out for what they really are.

I'm sorry you didn't understand it.

Soldato
Humans are not the only creatures on this Earth. We have a moral duty to not screw the planet up for the sake of other species, not just ourselves and our offspring.

I'm not a fan of Greta either but pretty much everyone should be on board with reducing waste, pollution and the destruction of natural habitats. Saying that, a huge number of people are just selfish and don't care.

It's been said plenty of times, the activists really are lecturing the wrong people and turning a blind eye to the worst offenders. Send her to China for starters :p

Man of Honour
Couldn't give a monkeys about climate change and saving the planet for the youth but I do like people being found out for what they really are.

I'm sorry you didn't understand it.

You do realise it was Greta who went on and on about it for years with her parents not giving a monkeys and because of her aspergers they finally had to give in?

Permabanned
It's been said plenty of times, the activists really are lecturing the wrong people and turning a blind eye to the worst offenders. Send her to China for starters :p

Yup. All the while protesting around Europe to the very (and probably only) countries that are actually trying to do anything about it.

This is what irks me about blind Greta idolizers on these boards thinking she's just 'wonderful'. They just don't get it.

And I think these 'activists' generally have more important things to deal with in their personal life that are too difficult to deal with, and they avoid them by adopting pseudo moralistic stances on large scale issues so they can look good to their friends on social media.

Soldato
Yup. All the while protesting around Europe to the very (and probably only) countries that are actually trying to do anything about it.

This is what irks me about blind Greta idolizers on these boards thinking she's just 'wonderful'. They just don't get it.

And I think these 'activists' generally have more important things to deal with in their personal life that are too difficult to deal with, and they avoid them by adopting pseudo moralistic stances on large scale issues so they can look good to their friends on social media.

Without a shred of irony.....

Permabanned
The person is the only relevant thing because that's how it's been done - it's a cult of personality. She offers no solutions and says nothing that hasn't been said by more knowledgeable people. It's purely a cult of personality, so the person is the whole point.

She is a leader, and a popular one. There are very few leaders standing up and raising awareness of Global Warming. I honestly don't see why it is necessary or even relevant to discuss her. We should be discussing Global Warming and I really do think that doing anything else is entirely missing the point of what she is trying to do.

Soldato
She is a leader, and a popular one. There are very few leaders standing up and raising awareness of Global Warming. I honestly don't see why it is necessary or even relevant to discuss her. We should be discussing Global Warming and I really do think that doing anything else is entirely missing the point of what she is trying to do.

Then that proves that she's a bad "leader" because we're discussing her and her message is lost, she's failed at her aim (if it even is her own aim and she even knows what's happening around her)

Soldato
Humans are not the only creatures on this Earth. We have a moral duty to not screw the planet up for the sake of other species, not just ourselves and our offspring.

I'm not a fan of Greta either but pretty much everyone should be on board with reducing waste, pollution and the destruction of natural habitats. Saying that, a huge number of people are just selfish and don't care.

To be fair, China dont need warning, they're more than aware, which is why they recently made significant commitments to be peak carbon by 2030 and carbon neutral by 2060.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...gger-coal-consumer-become-carbon-neutral-2060

Permabanned
Then that proves that she's a bad "leader" because we're discussing her and her message is lost, she's failed at her aim (if it even is her own aim and she even knows what's happening around her)

I guess it depends how you see it. Personally I think its the people being ridiculous, not her.

Caporegime
This is my take on the whole Greta thing.

She's not taught me anything new, I've always known that as a species we're destroying this planet, you'd have to burrow your head pretty deep to avoid knowing this.

That said, what irks me is her style of presentation. Her entitled "How dare you" crap just irritates the hell out of me. I understand the reasons why she is how she is however it still grates. Rational? Probably not but I'm not always a reasonable person and I accept that.

That said, we're here in this long-ass multi page thread still discussing her over a year on so it's worked. Whether that translates to people actually changing their ways for the better I can't comment on but I'd be lying if I denied that she's indirectly affected the way I consume and recycle.

Like her, dislike her, whatever. She's achieving something and sometimes you need to **** people off to get them to change.

Fair play young lady, now get off my internet you irritating petulant child.

Soldato
This is my take on the whole Greta thing.

She's not taught me anything new, I've always known that as a species we're destroying this planet, you'd have to burrow your head pretty deep to avoid knowing this.

That said, what irks me is her style of presentation. Her entitled "How dare you" crap just irritates the hell out of me. I understand the reasons why she is how she is however it still grates. Rational? Probably not but I'm not always a reasonable person and I accept that.

That said, we're here in this long-ass multi page thread still discussing her over a year on so it's worked. Whether that translates to people actually changing their ways for the better I can't comment on but I'd be lying if I denied that she's indirectly affected the way I consume and recycle.

Like her, dislike her, whatever. She's achieving something and sometimes you need to **** people off to get them to change.

Fair play young lady, now get off my internet you irritating petulant child.
How dare you!

Back
Top Bottom