Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm

Soldato
3/10

No impact, thrown together to quickly and every single person was an actor, aside from the crowds. I was trying to find it funny and forced a few laughs but it was just to fake. Borat wasn't about being funny himself, it was the reaction from the people.

Only 2 real bits in the whole film. Pence / Guilani, I feel sorry for Rudi. He didn't do anything to that girl.

They definitely were not actors lol.

I thought the rednecks were because it seemed to polished to be a prank, but apparently not.

Man of Honour
Watched it and as I posted in the other thread, the format hasn't aged well, or I've just grown up. Only laughed in a couple of places, mainly the visit to the baby clinic, and the rest of it was a bit forced and cringe. I would have happily turned it off but my girlfriend wanted to see the bit that's in the news. It felt about half-hour too long

Soldato
I thought the rednecks were because it seemed to polished to be a prank, but apparently not.

While watching that part it did feel staged. Why would you let a total stranger stay at your home and be filmed by a camera person(s). Also not knowing how much time has passed takes away from the realism, in the film it was all compressed into 24 hours. But doing so much and building up a connection with people would normally take longer.

Overall definitely not as funny as the first but was impressed with Maria Bakalova she was every bit as good as Sacha if not better.

Last edited:
Soldato
This one was heartfelt in places especially with the babysitter and the old Jewish women, apparently SBC broke character after he interviewed her due to how nice and sweet she was and her story.

Was missing several of the scenes shown in the trailer, wonder if they'll be an extended cut later.

Soldato
I enjoyed the movie for what it was..I felt this was a more serious film compared to the first.

This felt less about 'look how crazy these people are and more like 'crazy people still exist but there are also good people in the world'

Maria Bakalova was the real star of the show...if she doesn't blow up after this I'd be very surprised.

It was a bit harder to figure out who was paid to be in the film (I assume the rednecks were in on it) but some have since come out to say they really had no idea.

Overall a wholesome film. Dont go in expecting to laugh all the time.

Soldato
I enjoyed it, watched it with my wife, she encouraged me to watch the cringe fest of the first one, all those years ago, and this isn't overly different.
Its very heart warming in parts, and also very amusing in parts, the open air concert being one.
I feel half of America need a babysitter like that lady.
Him getting so close to Pence was somewhat surprising, security seemed much tighter around Giuliani, who they set up very well, not convinced he was as dirty old man as the edit makes him look.

Permabanned
I enjoyed it, watched it with my wife, she encouraged me to watch the cringe fest of the first one, all those years ago, and this isn't overly different.
Its very heart warming in parts, and also very amusing in parts, the open air concert being one.
I feel half of America need a babysitter like that lady.
Him getting so close to Pence was somewhat surprising, security seemed much tighter around Giuliani, who they set up very well, not convinced he was as dirty old man as the edit makes him look.

Sort of on the fence with that one, while I loath the lying conspiracy nut sleaze toad that is Guiliani it seemed fairly innocent. I wonder if it would have gone further if Borat had left it later to "surprise" him or if as it looked it was harmless.

Soldato
Him getting so close to Pence was somewhat surprising
According to Sasha they didn't even get his id when he was kicked out.

Also on twitter they showed Maria undercover at the white house press shortly before the super spreader event and she managed to get within metres of Trump.

I dont know what their doing over there but security clearly has been breached on so many occasions.

Caporegime
It's wrong, on so many levels, the most cringeworthy, uncomfortable, dark, absurd, unbelievable (former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani bit....) yet hilarious films you'll see. If there's something that tops this for all of the above, I'm yet to see it!

I have a dark and sick sense of humour, well, I thought I did!

Sacha is one brilliant lunatic.

Man of Honour
It's wrong, on so many levels, the most cringeworthy, uncomfortable, dark, absurd, unbelievable (former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani bit....) yet hilarious films you'll see. If there's something that tops this for all of the above, I'm yet to see it!

Sacha is one brilliant lunatic.

Have you seen This Is America?
Way more cringeworthy, uncomfortable, dark, absurd, unbelievable yet hilarious series you'll see.

Back
Top Bottom