• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Such a fingerprint magnet, I like to use it without a case so it really gets on my nerves... Im going to have to carry around a cloth with me at all times!

Soldato
My Mous case has been delivered by Hermes apparently. They've taken a picture of my accommodations closed reception and just said that's where it is. Can't see the parcel. Can't see if it's made it inside. Can't expect to find it when I get there tomorrow....

This thing is an absolute fingerprint magnet. Much easier to handle than the XS Max for me. There's no night and day difference, although I definitely think the screen is a good bit better, as well as being a little bit snappier here and there. Yet to give the camera a proper run out though.

Soldato
The only time the fingerprints are going to make a difference is if you do not have a case on it. Most if not all people will have cases on the phone so I don’t quite understand why people are using that as an excuse for not getting the phone. It’s bizarre to say the least and what it gets fingerprints?? Take a cloth and wipe it down...job done and profit lol.

Not sure if that was aimed at me buddy but I specifically said I don't have a case on my phone unless I'm at the gym. Not everyone uses a case, I know plenty of people who appreciate the aesthetics of the phone and are careful enough to not bother. I love the feel of my 'naked' iPhone 11 Pro in my hand, it feels solid, premium and looks fantastic in my eyes. The edges of the 12 Pro would drive me crazy where as the 11 Pro can go days before it needs a wipe down. Of course I also accept many people couldn't care less about the appearance so horses for courses!

Caporegime
Not sure if that was aimed at me buddy but I specifically said I don't have a case on my phone unless I'm at the gym. Not everyone uses a case, I know plenty of people who appreciate the aesthetics of the phone and are careful enough to not bother. I love the feel of my 'naked' iPhone 11 Pro in my hand, it feels solid, premium and looks fantastic in my eyes. The edges of the 12 Pro would drive me crazy where as the 11 Pro can go days before it needs a wipe down. Of course I also accept many people couldn't care less about the appearance so horses for courses!
No wasn’t aimed at you or anyone in particular, just been seeing a lot of comments about how much of a fingerprint magnet it is and that’s why people are returning them.

Im in 2 minds about returning mine because I just don’t think it’s that big a jump from my xs to the 12pro. I’m now considering getting an 11pro and then looking at maybe next yr or yr after getting the iPhone depending on how good it is. But personally I don’t think the 12 is that good over my xs other than being faster and a better camera. Even the colours haven’t wowed me that much. But then my issue is I love new tech so knowing myself I’ll probably end up keeping the 12 pro that I have coming from Apple direct and convincing myself that I made the right choice :p.

Soldato
TORRAS Ultra Thin iPhone 12 Case/iPhone 12 Pro Case with [2*Tempered 9H Screen Protector] Fully Protective Slim iPhone 12 Cover Hard Silky Matte iPhone 12 Pro/iPhone 12 Case and Screen Protector-Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DKJFY1N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dtcLFbT3DNTBM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

:)

I'm looking at that one and the slightly larger one from them, as well as the leather case, if I can dig through the thread and find a link for it..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DMVX...colid=2RASV40V31LJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Found the leather stuff, not cheap but given I'm dropping £800 on a new phone...

https://nomadgoods.com/collections/iphone-12-cases

Has anyone found a magsafe charging station yet, something that'll do my iPad/watch and phone?

Last edited:

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I mean the 5G is a cool “show off to your friends” new feature, but totally meaningless in real world usage. I just did a speed test on Tottenham Court Road and got 300 Mbps download. Cool and all, but... so? It makes battery life worse so it’s hard to see the real world benefit.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

In case it isn’t clear, there isn’t a single thing about the 12 pro that’s compelling enough to upgrade (from an 11 pro), and yet: the new shape is *exactly* what I wanted. Soooooo much better to hold and to pick up. So I think that’s me for the next three years.

Soldato
thumbnail-PXL-20201024-170256735-PORTRAIT.jpg

Yeh I've managed to scratch the leather already :o

Associate
There is one thing that’s a bit annoying though. In some locations I find 4G is a bit sketchy with 1 bar and in some parts of London I’ve found it just doesn’t work so I used to drop back to 3G and get full signal and decent speeds. Not often, but sometimes. There’s now no option to drop back to 3G on the iPhone 12, it’s only got the option of 5G or 4G.

Is this correct? I live in rural N Yorkshire where all mobile networks are a bit sketchy on a daily basis. Where I live Vodafone 4G isn't bad but does occasionally drop back to 3g. There are areas where there only seems to be 3g or 2g. I did try EE and here it spent quite a bit of time on 3g, more so indoors. If the Iphone 12 doesn't do 3G then I'd better get cancelling my Apple order.

Soldato
The phone obviously does still work on 2G and 3G networks as well. You just can't manually force 3G. This is the extent of the options screen now:

IMG-0006.jpg

I'm not sure how many people would care about this but there are places I'll get 1 bar on 4G but full signal on 3G. Because the phone prefers to use 4G it'll hold onto the crappy 4G signal instead of dropping to the solid 3G signal so it's a bit annoying that I can now no longer force it.

Soldato
This thread confuses me, if you don’t really use or are happy with the camera of your current phone and you don’t find it slow. Then why would you purchase a new phone where the main upgrades are the cameras and speed of the device?

Soldato
The phone obviously does still work on 2G and 3G networks as well. You just can't manually force 3G. This is the extent of the options screen now:

IMG-0006.jpg

I'm not sure how many people would care about this but there are places I'll get 1 bar on 4G but full signal on 3G. Because the phone prefers to use 4G it'll hold onto the crappy 4G signal instead of dropping to the solid 3G signal so it's a bit annoying that I can now no longer force it.
How do you get that screen

Back
Top Bottom