B450/550/X470 Recommendations with Wifi

Associate
I'm looking for some recommendations of a Ryzen board with WiFi (unless it's worth just picking up a WiFi card...?) To go in a mid range PC for a friend.

I'm not set on 4 or 5 series as it will depend on what happens with CPU deals. If I can get a 5600X in budget itd be good, and I'd pick up a B550 to to with it. Alternatively if there's some nice deals on a 3700/3800X I'll pair it with a 450/470 (or 550 depending on deals)

The pc will need WiFi but I'm totally out of it on WiFi boards. Any help or recommendations are appreciated! The initial pc budget is £700 (with a little wiggle room if it's worth it), so I'd be looking at spending about £80-150 on the board.

Associate
OP
From B450 board's MSI's B450 Carbon would be basically top choise.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-35h-ms.html

X470 boards really don't have much to go for themselves with B550 boards being better featured.
Out of those MSI B550M Mortar Wifi would be good.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...am4-b550-micro-atx-motherboard-mb-35f-ms.html
Thanks! My board is an MSI X470 Gaming Plus so I was going to look at MSI due to having good experiences, but when it comes to WiFi boards I see a lot of people talking ASUS

Soldato
but when it comes to WiFi boards I see a lot of people talking ASUS
Asus has the biggest brand hype.
And really less quality for it than others:
Asus B450 boards are total scams for the price with garbage level VRMs, which would overheat in trying to feed top CPUs under full load.
Also while Asus certainly fixed VRMs in X570, chipset cooler designs are straight from rear end of marketroids with crappy senseless design.

In B450 MSI was only one putting proper efforth into VRM.
Again in X570 MSI tried riding on brand image/reputation and has same B450 copypasta VRM in whole lower half (except Tomahawk) of the range making them crap for the money.

In the words of Buildzoid all brands suck and try to scam you if you buy for brand/image.

Back
Top Bottom