• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Given how small the deliveries are, everyone prepare themselves for just missing out when a batch some in. Not only that, but deliveries can dry up at any point so don't think because you're at the front of the queue you're definitely getting your card any time soon. It sucks.

Associate
Cyberpunk has already had delays. Just hold off on playing it til you get your 3080.

I'm super hyped for Star Wars Squadrons. Bought a HOTAS and a Quest 2 to play it with but I'm still waiting for my 3080 before I actually play it just so I get the best experience possible, even though it's been in my Steam library a few weeks now :p
The HOTAS and Quest are still sealed too... maybe I just like punishing myself.
Oh I just got an index. Already have a vive. Squadrons is good although I am holding off on using VR too much, till I get my VR prescription lens, as I don't want to scratch the lens with my glasses.
Managed to snag a PS5, which is out the same day as Cyberpunk.

Associate
Well I moved down to queue position 155 for the RTX 3080 ASUS TUF OC card. Snagged an iphone 12 pro in pacific blue no problem yesterday. Wish it was as easy for the 3080 lol.

Associate
I'd say the Turing launch was worse. It had it's own stock problems, sure they weren't quite as bad, but there were other issues too. The price/performance ratio was horrible and all those games they said would support RTX on launch, non-existent. It took 6 months for the first game to support it, BF5, and the performance was dreadful, 30fps at 1080p.
According to the numbers 3000 series is worst price to performance series Nvidia have produced.

Associate
26th september, nearly coming up to my pre-order monthiversary haha

oh dear! my queue number must be in the high hundreds then. nevermind, its a christmas present from the mrs.. i thought that if i ordered the card two months in advance i may get my hands on it before christmas eve :) or maybe not :/

Associate
Gibbo has not given any information on the next shipment yet, when there is news he will pass it on.

I wouldn't assume anything from the time it took to get the first batch, or the size of the batch as things should be getting better both in size and frequency.

Given your queue position I'd say you were close to certain to get it in November, but until there is more news from Gibbo it isn't going to be possible to guess when in November...
I’m glad you said November , just the thought of December makes me brain melt

Associate
Given how small the deliveries are, everyone prepare themselves for just missing out when a batch some in. Not only that, but deliveries can dry up at any point so don't think because you're at the front of the queue you're definitely getting your card any time soon. It sucks.
Small....and in some cases completely non existent deliveries.

Permabanned
I was beginning to doubt it but these mythical beasts do exist, it's been emotional guys....

20201024-150600.jpg

Associate
anyone see "Moor's law is Dead" clip about AMD 6800/6900 as the end of it he goes over the Nvidia 3070/3080 16gb/20gb units having been pulled.
speculation sounds as though once Navi is anounced on Wednesday, Nvidia could anounce new ranges of 3070/3080 stock to draw people back in.
i feel like buyers remorse is gona hit hard if waiting 2-3 months for a card at £800 for a better card same model to come out with slightly better specs for same price.
note sure if links are allowed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAzm-DUcM4 Nvidia stock chat is around 19 minutes in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAzm-DUcM4

Back
Top Bottom