• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was beginning to doubt it but these mythical beasts do exist, it's been emotional guys....

20201024-150600.jpg
Another soul has made it to the promised land.

Permabanned
A major competitor is getting excess cards, having now completed some queues - specifically Palit and PNY.

Instead of just throwing them to the wolves and putting them for sale, they're contacting those high up in other queues and asking if they'd like to switch and receive a card now.

imagine having good customer service and the foresight to not have mile-long queues just to screw your own customers
Thats CRAP they should offer people in LOW in Big card queue instead so the longest queue is reduced.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I was beginning to doubt it but these mythical beasts do exist, it's been emotional guys....

20201024-150600.jpg

nice to see a fellow trinity oc card but got to ask how do u like the oc stickers on the box they cost you a extra 20£ over the standard one :)

Permabanned
I'd say the Turing launch was worse. It had it's own stock problems, sure they weren't quite as bad, but there were other issues too. The price/performance ratio was horrible and all those games they said would support RTX on launch, non-existent. It took 6 months for the first game to support it, BF5, and the performance was dreadful, 30fps at 1080p.
TURDing was so bad it not created big stock problems cause everyone on pascals ware like emmm NOOOOOO

Associate
anyone see "Moor's law is Dead" clip about AMD 6800/6900 as the end of it he goes over the Nvidia 3070/3080 16gb/20gb units having been pulled.
speculation sounds as though once Navi is anounced on Wednesday, Nvidia could anounce new ranges of 3070/3080 stock to draw people back in.
i feel like buyers remorse is gona hit hard if waiting 2-3 months for a card at £800 for a better card same model to come out with slightly better specs for same price.
note sure if links are allowed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAzm-DUcM4 Nvidia stock chat is around 19 minutes in
There is zero chance it's going to be the same price.

Associate
According to the numbers 3000 series is worst price to performance series Nvidia have produced.

You mean best price to performance ratio. The 3080 is the biggest generational leap over its predecessor in over 2 decades, and £649 is comically cheap.

**** Nvidia for their ****** business practices and absolutely horrible stock control issues, but don't deceive yourself into thinking they're not performance monsters.

Last edited:
Associate
i mean more that if the FE is £650, i'm paying £800 for an OC version (FE preffered but good luck)
the new range will be better and have mroe avaliability at £650-£800 price is speculation, personally i wont be a fan of spending thats amount on a card only for it to be trumped but a slightly better card for quitepossibly the same.
was just gauging others thoughts on the matter. when it comes to value for money

Associate
Think all 3080 cards May be going to Portugal.
Friend of mine flew out to his other house in Portugal on Thursday. Shop close to his place has 3080s in stock and he picked one up today.

Associate
For all those with ****** GFX - I feel for you my brothers and sisters.
Of course we all know who is really for blame her. Linus, Jay, Paul, Steve etc. They all have 3080's and 3090's coming out their ears. Busy ripping off stock coolers in a bid to get the best score on 3d mark.
I wonder how many Linus has dropped :o.

Associate
You mean best price to performance ratio. The 3080 is the biggest generational leap over its predecessor in over 2 decades, and £649 is comically cheap.

**** Nvidia for their ****** business practices and absolutely horrible stock control issues, but don't deceive yourself into thinking they're not performance monsters.
When you do the math it's not. Marketing ******** lead you to believe that. It's really not that spectacular. It's conceivably the worst architecture Nvidia have developed. I'm only getting the 3080 as my 970's can't keep up anymore. Would say I'd go AMD but been bitten on the rear far too many times by AMD in the past.

Back
Top Bottom