Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Yeah I bet, gutted to hear the wait is that long :(

Really can't afford it but if the wait is like that then I suppose you can't really put a price on your health....

Before going private try and get an idea of timescales.

I was unlucky with the timing really. The NHS cancelled elective surgeries due to winter flu and this added months to the wait. Now with covid, who knows what will happen.

I also failed the pre op health check as my BP was too high - note get the hospital to check it BEFORE you are examined. I was perfectly healthy and this added weeks.

Keep on top of your meds /gp visits and really get them to commit to dates. It was impossible to speak to my consultant or his juniors and I just kept getting pushed back and back.

Finally, if you are asked if you have control of your bladder / bowls say no. I really wish I'd done a tactical dirty protest but you live and learn I suppose

Soldato
Some people do, most don’t these days. 5 years is easily doable out of an iPhone. I was using an iPhone 6S for most of this year before getting the 12.

I still have the original iPhone SE, 2016?, still super fast and supported to date with latest updates, but yeah its bonkers if people do get the new iphone every year, just pointless.

I might be time for me to get the 12 pro at some point though as would like a bigger phone and better camera.

Soldato
Before going private try and get an idea of timescales.

I was unlucky with the timing really. The NHS cancelled elective surgeries due to winter flu and this added months to the wait. Now with covid, who knows what will happen.

I also failed the pre op health check as my BP was too high - note get the hospital to check it BEFORE you are examined. I was perfectly healthy and this added weeks.

Keep on top of your meds /gp visits and really get them to commit to dates. It was impossible to speak to my consultant or his juniors and I just kept getting pushed back and back.

Finally, if you are asked if you have control of your bladder / bowls say no. I really wish I'd done a tactical dirty protest but you live and learn I suppose

Yeah that's the plan, if the wait times are ridiculous i'll have to consider private!

The amount of times i've been tempted to dirty protest too is ridiculous :p

Soldato
I've decided to sit out on the iPhone upgrade this year {11 Pro Max so it was an easy choice) but I do know what people mean it doesn't feel like an upgrade between phones. Especially as once you move your backup over, it's the same experience maybe just a bit faster!

We bought our first house on Tuesday and have been slowly picking up some essential bits and some not so essential bits.

itdf.jpg

I lost the fight and had to settle on a 55" LG CX even though I really wanted the 65". It looks bigger in the house than it did in the store but I'll always secretly be dreaming of the 65"
Picking up a Sonos Arc tomorrow to give the sound a bit of a boost but I have been pleasantly surprised by the sound so far but I'm really looking forward to watching some films/tv shows with the fake atmos to see how it works.

htdf.jpg

Probably one of my favourite purchases so far. My latte art sucks but even using cheap beans (I've never made a coffee before in my life so wanted to get to grips with the machine before getting nicer beans) I've been amazed with the quality of coffee I'll be able to make at home. This machine will pay for itself after a few months

jtdf.jpg

Also put a bit of money in Mr Dyson's back pocket.

Soldato
After 7 years of posture wrecking, unadjustableness (gas lift and tilt broke and the back wasnt adjustable) from a £80 chair off amazon, plus it finally fell apart, i bit the bullet and bought a Hero from OCUK. Plus with me being working from home since April and continuing to do so until at least January im spending sometimes 12-16 hours a day at either my pc or the work laptop and my old chair was literally crippling me with back pain.

Quick and easy to build and only been sat in it for an hour but my god the difference. Im actually sat at the proper height now at my knees are already screaming thankyou and i imagine my back will be doing the same later. The seating is very firm but very comfortable so far and being able to actually adjust the chair, especially the back, compared to my old one is an absolute godsend.

Uec1MPD.png

Soldato
That's a lovely board that is!

I can't help feel these motherboard manufacturers have simply taken the approach of dressing up there boards to account for the fact modern circuit design and component miniturisation would otherwise leave them looking sparse, and of course to differentiate themselves from the rest and make people believe they are buying something thats wholly improved on their old board and worth the money. Ultimately all the plastic/aluminium gubbins is essentially just go faster stripes on a car.

Soldato
Until apple start slowing it down and force you to buy a new one anyway.

I still see people post stuff like this but don’t really understand why :(

My mum has an iPhone 6S she got on launch day, and hasn’t ever had the battery replaced.

Sure, it’s slower than it used to be, and the battery doesn’t last as long, but at least it works.

Ive had a Nexus 6P, S7 Edge and Pixel 2XL and on both occasions, when the battery degraded enough, they would just cease to function below 30%.

I’d rather have a functional device that runs more slowly than one that can hit 2 GHz but then die at 30% and get there much quicker...

Back
Top Bottom