Anyone put their Christmas Tree up yet ?

Caporegime
My Mrs has repeatedly expressed interest at putting up fairy lights already. I told her that if I see any lights up before the 1st of December I'm going to get a pair of scissors and cut the cable (I'll unplug them first of course) - we're sort of in a cold war stand off about it now, just see who makes the first move!
Ask her why she didn't want to put them up in April? :p

Soldato
OP
My Mrs has repeatedly expressed interest at putting up fairy lights already. I told her that if I see any lights up before the 1st of December I'm going to get a pair of scissors and cut the cable (I'll unplug them first of course) - we're sort of in a cold war stand off about it now, just see who makes the first move!
Are you going to post some pictures now the fairly lights are up :p:D

Soldato
I have been known to wait for the big reductions at homebase before buying a tree,(living) got afew in my extensive garden (boomer )
If it gives some people comfort to look forward early that's ok by me with all that's going on
As regards turkey ,have I told you I'm vegan ? ,Job done

Soldato
Another one for the first week of December here.

Although my wife and I have already done the majority of the Christmas shopping. It's a nice feeling knowing its done and out the way with.

Caporegime
Saw my first Xmas tv advert. :(

TOO EARLY.
Fairly sure the Sony Xmas channel has been live for over a month, now :p Although technically that's not an advert (it's much, much worse). I can't imagine too many channels that could be more painful to watch than one dedicated to movies about the holiday...

Permabanned
This post has made me think about it.
Honestly it will be a muted Christmas. This year has been beyond terrible.

Soldato
I had Xmas pudding this week. Saw it at Sainsbury's, bought it and had some for evening dessert. I don't care much for Xmas tbh but a nice chunk of quality pud I'll eat anytime :D

Soldato
Are the xmas fare (mince pies , cakes, ) in js & waitrose genuinely earlier than usual ?
Nothing in Aldi, yet, though (eg stollen), I though Aldi had quite a lot of European food, so given brexit, I don't know how they are planning for that.

Council ,on weekend rates this morning putting up the xmas decorations ... must be their xmas perk, I'm sure the traffic is not so bad during the week.

Back
Top Bottom