Can't afford school meals for kids, but billions for homebuyers, sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The lack of compassion in this thread is quite disappointing.

Losers have children, cannot afford to pay for them or simply choose to misappropriate funds. The children shouldn't suffer for being born to **** parents.

I have a loser sister who falls into the above category and who is bailed out by parents constantly and has never paid her way / is a burden to society.

I'd like to see her money cut and redistributed in the form of kids food or that she is audited in some way and made accountable. Paying for kids food directly seems like the easier option.

Soldato
And here we go! Don't agree with somebody else's opinion then start to insult them and their parents. This place never changes.

Poor lambs, how will they cope. These are the same people that are advocating the forced removal of kids. I worry about anybody who think that’s an acceptable course of action for anything other than child abuse. Having a minimum wage job reduced through no fault of your own due to a pandemic isn’t someone’s fault, it does not make them a bad parent, there but for the grace of god go us all.

As you say “this place never changes”, the “usual suspects” post the most right wing rubbish and expect not to get called out for it. They think this adds to “presence” on the forum somehow, just makes them look like people with no compassion and sympathy for people (I’m being generous with that assessment as my parents taught me that it’s not nice to be mean) that might need a bit of extra help at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Letting your child starve because you didn't prioritise spending money on food for them IS child abuse

Having a minimum wage job reduced through no fault of your own due to a pandemic isn’t someone’s fault, it does not make them a bad parent, there but for the grace of god go us all. Struggling to feed your child or needing to some extra help at that point does not constitute child abuse.

So you have to prioritise food over the electric bill, no heat or light is that child abuse?

You have to prioritise petrol over food otherwise you can’t get to work and there is even less money.

etc etc If you don’t have enough money to pay all the bills, how do you prioritise that?

There might be a tiny few were they might spend their benefits on PlayStation and Sky subs, the majority don’t and deserve our help and support.

Caporegime
If that parent isn’t able to do that your solution is to remove that child into care and the cost associated with looking after that child until the age of 18. They might be a wonderful parent but just not financially successful.

So would you advocate forced contraception until somebody wanting children had enough money to reach that point to be allowed to have children?

Maybe we could bring back the Poor Houses, that with a hint or Orwellian and a lashing of draconian makes it all sound very appetising!

The earth doesn't have unlimited resources.

Are you suggesting we just keep throwing money at them and letting them breed with no contribution to the greater good?

Like I said before those that have consistently paid in should be given help.

Those that don't have 6 months to get their act together.

But your suggesting we just keep on doing what we have been and expecting a different outcome.

That is the definition of madness.

Other countries have time limits on state benefits and handouts for those that have no intention of working.

Soldato
Other countries have time limits on state benefits and handouts for those that have no intention of working.

Which other G7 nation does this please?

I’m not saying the current system is perfect, I’m saying you don’t make fundamental changes during a pandemic.

If these people care so little for their children do you think that will stop them having them, or will the State just end up keeping 100,000’s of children in care? You thinks people will stop having sex/unwanted children if they new the state will just “pick up the tab”? Some children probably would be better off in care, why do you think we don’t take those children away, it’s cost isn’t it?

Are you advocating forced birth control for the poor?

Last edited:
Soldato
Having a minimum wage job reduced through no fault of your own due to a pandemic isn’t someone’s fault, it does not make them a bad parent, there but for the grace of god go us all. Struggling to feed your child or needing to some extra help at that point does not constitute child abuse.

The government is giving money to people affected by Covid, there is zero, absolutely zero excuse from a monetary sense why parents cannot provide food for their children.... If they're failing to prioritise where that money is being spent then perhaps the solution is to not give them the money and give the food directly to the child with the cost coming out of the money the parents are getting.

You want to throw more money at terrible people, that is not a solution, that's just a waste of money and doesn't solve the problem

You call me right wing but I'm in favour of a Universal Basic Income, what I'm not in favour of, is allowing irresponsible people to go through life with zero accountability it's unfortunate that you seem to just want to forgive everybody of everything because "human go durrrr"

Soldato
Yes, why are there so many people with children who are unable to feed them?

Do they fall on hard times?

Can't calculate the cost of having children?

Abortion is free in the UK isn't it?

Soldato
The government is giving money to people affected by Covid, there is zero, absolutely zero excuse from a monetary sense why parents cannot provide food for their children.... If they're failing to prioritise where that money is being spent then perhaps the solution is to not give them the money and give the food directly to the child with the cost coming out of the money the parents are getting.

You want to throw more money at terrible people, that is not a solution, that's just a waste of money

If your get furloughed from a minimum wage job it’s not made up to 100% is it, if you live on the breadline how do you then manage? I gave examples above, if you choose food over other basic items heat/light/transport etc. that just leads to further hardship.

They are not terrible people.

The amount of children living in poverty is on the rise, or is that just because their families are spending the money on fags and Sky?

https://cpag.org.uk/child-poverty/child-poverty-facts-and-figures

Please educate yourself, it’s embarrassing.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes, why are there so many people with children who are unable to feed them?

Do they fall on hard times?

Can't calculate the cost of having children?

Abortion is free in the UK isn't it?

They probably can feed them, they just want to feed them more.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom