Securing LED strip lighting

Soldato
Daughter wants LED strip lighting around her room. I know that some come with sticky pads.

Any idea of the best way to stick them on the wall that doesn't result in them either falling down or destroying the paint on the wall?

Thanks

Permabanned
The rolls are very sticky so will stick to almost any surface. They can not be removed from paint without damaging the paint. They come in two flavours. The first is non-waterproof which is the easiest to work with and waterproof, which is the same thing except it's coated in a thick layer of transparent silicon. These are pretty difficult to work with and I would avoid them for indoor use. You can buy additional power connectors and so on to string them together. Bear in mind that you can't have a run that is too long without having several power connections. This is simply that it can't carry too much power in any given length. It's probably best to run power to each corner of the room. They all have to go back to a colour controller/power supply that can usually be remote controlled. In my opinion the best sort to get is the all in one RGBW leds although these are the most expensive. They are a single led every inch or so that actually has four leds inside - R,G,B and W. It's tedious trying to find these, the most common types just have a single colour led every inch and alternate R G B and W. Also the quality of the remotes varies considerably. In a room you can place them around the top of the room then stick a molding underneath to hide the strip. Sorry if this is too much info. Lol. It's all a bit DIY but it's well worth the effort. I use these on the back of all my TV's... produces a stunning effect.

Soldato
Daughter wants LED strip lighting around her room. I know that some come with sticky pads.

Any idea of the best way to stick them on the wall that doesn't result in them either falling down or destroying the paint on the wall?

Thanks

If they're going on the wall in just a straight line, i'd look at a strip diffuser. That way you can screw the diffuser to the wall, and then stick the LED strips to the diffuser.

At least that way if she gets bored of them in a few years, or you need to decorate, you'll only have a few holes to fill rather than worrying about pulling the paint/plaster off the wall. I never find the sticky pads last on these anyway, so it'll hold them in place better with a diffuser strip.

Soldato
If they're going on the wall in just a straight line, i'd look at a strip diffuser. That way you can screw the diffuser to the wall, and then stick the LED strips to the diffuser.

At least that way if she gets bored of them in a few years, or you need to decorate, you'll only have a few holes to fill rather than worrying about pulling the paint/plaster off the wall. I never find the sticky pads last on these anyway, so it'll hold them in place better with a diffuser strip.

This is what I’d do.

Back
Top Bottom