Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
I just called them up and explained the post situation round here and they have booked me in after confirming it needs the various software updates.

That does seem a bit off if the sealant is in fact the culprit. Not like it’s an old car!

Exactly, I've also got a trim around the window that is losing its colour. I've got to come back so it can be "inspected" but I have a feeling I'm going to get a similar response and they will blame something that has been used on the car even though it's only a small part on just one trim that's showing the issue.

Good to hear you're getting yours sorted and they can book you in :) How quickly could they book you in?

Man of Honour
Good to hear you're getting yours sorted and they can book you in :) How quickly could they book you in?

It's booked in for Monday, they wanted it for the whole day as they weren't sure how long it will take as I'm the first person to be booked in there for this work

The night pack trim losing it's colour and going a grey-blue colour is very very common as it's just not UV protected at all. They very rarely cover it as well, even though it can happen in 6 months if your car isn't in shade when parked up all the time

Bit of a joke.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Sorry, I wasn't clear. That is what I did as well - Used the website to arrange a test drive.

I meant that the local dealer got in touch with me on the Monday, but so far are more concerned with how I was going to pay for it. I understand they don't want time-wasters but this is a business contract hire.

4 days and I've not had an update on the test drive.

Edit - Now they are saying I can have it middle of November for a weekend as long as I put it on my "fleet insurance"

I don't even run any vehicles through my company, weird they would assume I have fleet insurance.

Bit frustrating but I think because of the amount of prep that is going in to test drives at the moment (cars being sanitised etc after each use) they are perhaps trying to qualify people first?

I drove the EQC this morning for about an hour on a mix of roads. It's a lovely car - the lack of noise (and even wind noise) is great, much less than a Tesla Model 3. You can tell it's a better built car than the Model 3 for sure. You can feel how heavy it is but the lack of gears means it shifts well, whereas my GLC can be a bit hesitant at times before it changes down and gets going. I drove an AMG Premium Plus model, the 21" alloys look great but I can't help but think 19 or 20 would make it ride a lot better. Not that it rides badly, but it could be a little bit better.

Either way, I am looking at pricing and options and seeing what I can do to change in to one... 0% at the moment makes it very attractive. I can basically swap my 3 year old car in and the monthly cost over 3 or 4 years will be less than the saving in fuel. I really like the beige/cream interior but it's only available on the base spec Sport. And you can't even add Apple Car Play or the driving assistance pack to that. :(

daz

daz

Soldato
Yeah that's what they said. Seems a good all round car. It looks like I can add Carplay for £299 to a Sport, so tempted to go for that and save the cash. Basically looking at ~£66k vs £74k.

Back
Top Bottom