The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
...but what does 86 mean ?

In restaurants to 86 something means it's no longer available, you've run out or messed up in some way. I think it was a way of saying to "nix" something (or someone) without letting the customers know, kind of like cockney rhyming slang.

Maybe it's a nod to the fact they're only available for a short period. Maybe it's the witch thing :p

Im a vegetarian and I cant help but drool at this picture everytime I come in this thread. It feels like jailbait.

Hah, they were good. Unfortunately I can't think of much vege/vegan that could replicate a beef rib. Pulled king oyster mushrooms are the closest thing I can think of, texture wise.

Soldato
Hmm. Apples from the farm shop and the market (russets, and a couple of others I can't remember). Lovely. A nice change from the usual perfect-looking-but-bland Gala etc from the super. Pointy cob nuts with the husks still on, fat and meaty kernels and not those awful things in packets that come from california and are as hard as bullets that arrive in time for xmas. Lovely.

Soldato
Grabbed a footlong Subway from the service station near my house on the way home to have for dinner. First Subway I've had in months.

Got the Mega Meat (ham, pepperoni, salami and meatballs with marinara sauce) on herbs n cheese bread with lettuce, tomato, jalepenos and chipotle sauce. Not gonna lie, was freaking good!

Soldato
IMG-20201102-115550-resize-11.jpg

QJcO3yK.png

Made breakfast for the staff.

Last edited:
Soldato
w5Qs77.jpg

il9GwV.jpg

auu0ZN.jpg

Had brunch today at Scran. Tried out the eggs florentine for the first time. The lovely poached eggs went so well with the heirloom tomatoes and spinach. I also got the halloumi fries for the first time. Both were really good! Followed it up with a stuffed cooking warmed in the oven and a hot cuppa. Had to wait just over an hour for a table, but it was worth waiting!

G6h59l.jpg

And lunch at Six By Nico. The Bombay theme was excellent. The lamb, pork and chicken courses were all superb. The only one I wasn't keen on was the cod. Just didn't do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom