If we were told WW3 was about to start and we all had to man up?

Caporegime
Pick up my my mum and bring her to mine.

Fill the bath and every bottle with tap water.

Move all the food upstairs.

Put heavy objects against the doors.

Tape over the windows.

That would be the first things I'd do.

Tap water goes off pretty quickly especially if exposed to the elements and sunlight. You want to get away from large populations of people some of which will do anything to take what you have.

You would be better off trying to find a source of fresh water and taking seeds and food to that location for sustainability.

Caporegime
Look if you've seen 'Threads' you already know the answer to how this will go.

Painfully.

Screenshot-20201024-155157-Chrome.jpg

Soldato
Well it would be an interesting predicament, attacking a countries digital infrastructure would be the first port of call nowadays, so everything would quickly descend into chaos with smartphones/computers rendered unable to communicate.

Soldato
How would you all talk about it before being shot?

I worked in the defence sector (Messybeast) in Sept 2001. When the airplanes hit we all knew there would be war. The guards were armed either later that day or the next. Shortly thereafter we had a torpedo down the corridor.

I'm retired, too old to be enlisted and my IT skills are well out of date. So I'll sit back and join the fogeys saying, "In my day..." If the war goes nuclear, well, I'll be nice and warm.

Soldato
Tap water goes off pretty quickly especially if exposed to the elements and sunlight. You want to get away from large populations of people some of which will do anything to take what you have.

You would be better off trying to find a source of fresh water and taking seeds and food to that location for sustainability.

Water storage would be my priority, in the short term.

Getting away from people would be impossible, living in the uk.

Few people, aside from farmers have any idea how to cultivate crops, and they are quite shotgunny, so good luck with squatting on their land...

Soldato
I have a massive inflated sense of self worth so I'm pretty sure I'd be completely fine with it, because I'd be quite sure I'd survive even if the odds were totally stacked against me.

Plus I have pretty bad eye sight so unless they're willing to sort me out with some solid glasses or contact, I'd likely get some grunt work.

Plus I have a freaking awesome aim with a rifle, so there's that. Which also proves my first point.

Associate
Problem is this generation can't help licking door handles.

During world war 2 kids had to leave their parents at very young ages and go live in the countryside for years.

Nowadays young adults can't stay away from a pub for even a few weeks.

This generation truly want everything and not willing to make any small sacrifices.

I'd love to see how they would react if they were all forced off into war. They would refuse to fight and find themselves dead and overran within seconds.

Not all gen z are the same, lots of countries have national service still and people get on with it. I know what you are saying though and you are right for the most part, but they aren't all like that.

Also people are saying "millennials" in this thread a lot, I bet most people here are millennials, 1981 being the starting year.

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Ah but nuclear weapons have just been banned so that is that then

https://globalnews.ca/news/7420162/nuclear-weapons-ban-treaty/

Back in the real world that isn't worth the paper it is written on and in the remote chance it actually worked only lead to increased conventional warfare.

Its okay, my boy's got this

The United States had written to treaty signatories saying the Trump administration believes they made “a strategic error” and urging them to rescind their ratification.

Back
Top Bottom