• Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I tried Gears 1 Ultimate earlier today, all the camera shake made me feel dizzy and sick! Ah well :(

I think I'll try Gears Tactics as I love Xcom games so it looks like I might like it

Man of Honour
I tried Gears 1 Ultimate earlier today, all the camera shake made me feel dizzy and sick! Ah well :(

I think I'll try Gears Tactics as I love Xcom games so it looks like I might like it

Gears Tactics is another on my list for the same reason.

When I look at all the games I want to play, especially the more modern I can see me running out of space quickly, especially with game pass. I may well add the expansion SSD to my Christmas list if it’s available.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Gears Tactics is another on my list for the same reason.

When I look at all the games I want to play, especially the more modern I can see me running out of space quickly, especially with game pass. I may well add the expansion SSD to my Christmas list if it’s available.

I only install 1 or 2 games at most at time, so I think the internal for any specifically enhanced series X games and a 500Gb SSD I currently have connected to my One X will do for the odd older game.

Soldato
I only install 1 or 2 games at most at time, so I think the internal for any specifically enhanced series X games and a 500Gb SSD I currently have connected to my One X will do for the odd older game.

same here. Only I’m just using a 4tb hard drive for my one/360 games.

Soldato
My brain is currently conditioned to PS3-level visuals. I've been using that console for almost a month now catching up on some old trophies and whatnot. Saving all the PS4 games to play on PS5 so I'm expected to be "wowed" when I get one. :p I haven't had an Xbox for years so looking forward to being "wowed" by Gears 2 and 3 in 4K as well. :p

I think you will be very amazed....lol

Man of Honour
The memory expansion is available again on the MS store for preorder. Think I’ll wait until I need it though - hoping prices will fall, other brands will offer options or a bigger version will drop.

Associate
I don't know if anyone has already noticed, but EA Play games can now be installed if you search for them in the xbox store.

They install but if you try to play one of them gives a screen saying you're too early, but at least once EA Play via ultimate starts you can have the games installed ready :) . I thought it started from 1st November but it's 10th November

Soldato
Having cancelled my series x I'm tempted to upgrade my one s to a one x on the cheap in the mean time...

I was tempted to do this. But assuming I could get one for £130 when the new ones are released, I'd want to upgrade the internal drive to a 1TB SSD and by then I'd by near the cost of a new Series S so I went down that route instead.

Soldato
The memory expansion is available again on the MS store for preorder. Think I’ll wait until I need it though - hoping prices will fall, other brands will offer options or a bigger version will drop.

I'll be buying a regular SSD as most of the games I'll be playing for a while are from the current gen.

Soldato
Anyone got any recommendations for dolby atmos supported headset; doesn't need to be wireless but ideally compatible with PC/android without constant pairing... maybe 3.5mm cable is fine? Don't want it to cost the earth as my hearing is buggered due to heavy construction machinery so highest quality will likely be lost on me... any ideas?

Man of Honour
Anyone got any recommendations for dolby atmos supported headset; doesn't need to be wireless but ideally compatible with PC/android without constant pairing... maybe 3.5mm cable is fine? Don't want it to cost the earth as my hearing is buggered due to heavy construction machinery so highest quality will likely be lost on me... any ideas?

I use my Sennheiser PC360 wired into my elite controller and I’m really impressed with it in combination with Dolby atmos.

Associate
Noo, that's what I mean. I'm expecting Gears 2 + 3 in 4K to look pretty good. Gears 4 + 5 should then be amazeballs.

No amount of Next Gen can polish those turds. I'm a huge Gears fan but 4 and a 5 are such dreadful campaigns. Even Gears 2 onwards the games are so far behind anything else that get's released at the same time. Gears 1 was of it's time, people were blown away by the visuals and gore. Now it's just a dreadful story, boring campaign and more colourful visuals. As I said before Gears is so dead in Europe I can't believe they have bothered updating the campaign so you can play with another skin as the main character.

Soldato
I think Gears, like Halo, has had its day. Half arsed development runs and laziness have blighted the franchises. They send anything out the door because it isnt the game people are really coming back for - its nostalgia and maybe a genuine interest in the game universe and lore. When compared to other titles in the cold light of day, though, the playability and performance as games doesen't really stack up.

I think Microsoft need to let it go and produce some outstanding new IP. Gaming has moved on, they should too.

Back
Top Bottom