**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
For anyone struggling with the vanilla A320: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

This mod is excellent, fixed a lot of issues with Asobos model, has an odd glitch here and there but like any WIP, you're going to get them! a lot more realistic and more fun!

My tip is to use the installer. I was putting the folder in the correct place and it wasn't working. Plus the installer saves you the hassle of finding the community folder.

You know it works if the no smoking switch overhead works.

Soldato
The installer is a very recent addition, but yeah it works great.

Really impressed with the work they’ve been doing on the systems, astonishing stuff... it’s actually getting to the point where it’s pretty useful.

Associate
Thought i better join this thread since i do a bit of virtual flying. I have been heavily into flight sims since MS 2004, then FSX, X-Plane 11 and now this. I know there are a lot of issues with MSFS but even so, It is still a work of art. If you are happy bush flying then it really is hard to beat. Perfomance wise i have never seen a flight sim run so well off the bat. Heck the system in my sig with my old 2080 struggled in X-Plane 11 in 4k. MSFS was running at pretty much all high settings in 4K and the icing on the cake for me was my new GPU. This sim is going to be supported for the next ten years and i am blown away with it already. Another year or so down the line we will have plenty of 3rd party AC. I for one will be looking forward to the PMDG release which could be a year from now. Till then i will make do the the Neo fly by wire mod and the TBM. More work needed on the 747/787 but i am sure they will get there with time.

Everyone should enjoy it the best they can. Still blows me away eveytime i see a sunrise/sunset in the sim.

Below is a pic of my setup. TrackIR is a must for the sim! Honeycomb bravo is on pre-order, looking forward to its arrival. Also a set of the Thrustmaster T-Flight pedals on the floor which will be replaced when the Charlie pedals get released next year.

What's the monitor setup you have? I'm looking at upgrading my PC to run this sim and need a bigger monitor TV. Was looking at a LG CX OLED, but not sure what to go for

Associate
Just got this a few days ago (standard editon). Never played a flight sim (or indeed a sim) before. Seems to run great on my system with Digital Foundry's optimised graphics settings. Currently playing with an xbox pad & keyboard but ordered myself a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, because it's the only flight stick I could find in stock in the UK for a reasonable price. I think I'm going to like this a lot, although I feel pretty out of my depth. I'm flying repeatedly out of Cardiff Rhoose airport in the Cessna 152, going to paces like Bristol, Swansea, Luton. It's a bit of escapism, because I live less than 10 mlies from there & we're totally locked down now.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
For anyone who hasn't already spotted it, there's a nice P51 mod available, that I rather like. Sure, it's not as cool as the one in DCS, and doesn't have a damage model or guns, but it does mean that you can fly a Warbird pretty much anywhere.

Associate
New patch seems to have increased the image quality for me, happily playing at 4k 60% scale and now at 35+ fps, with what I feel 80% scale looked like in the previous patch.

Also the press button to continue is gone :)

Haven't experienced a single stutter either, flying the TBM daher, haven't tried an airliner yet.

Also, the saving flight plan mid flight is working for me now, normally it would just set me right back at my departure airport.

Great patch so far!

Last edited:
Caporegime
New patch seems to have increased the image quality for me, happily playing at 4k 60% scale and now at 35+ fps, with what I feel 80% scale looked like in the previous patch.

Also the press button to continue is gone :)

Haven't experienced a single stutter either, flying the TBM daher, haven't tried an airliner yet.

Also, the saving flight plan mid flight is working for me now, normally it would just set me right back at my departure airport.

Great patch so far!

I came in here to post similar.

The latest patch has made a marked improvement to performance, not only in the game, but also in the menus, which were previously rather stuttery but are now very smooth to navigate.

Impressed.

The Halloween landing challenge is good fun too! I'm guessing the studio's sales-related bonus from MS are going to give the team at Asobo a rather nice Christmas!

Associate
I had a go with the new patch this afternoon but still finding the sim to be quite buggy. Autopilot behaviour remains rather errratic, and at the end of my flight ( in a Cessna 172 ) my aircraft's propellor wouldn't stop rotating despite shutting off the engine ! The aircraft would just roll off and pick up speed unless I had my parking brakes on.

Soldato
Suddenly running like absolute dog poop compared to when I last went on a few weeks back, single figure FPS and very low GPU usage :(

got any stuff in the community folder?

from the latest patch notes:

“Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.”

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Lovely.
Mine stopped working after the last patch. Tried the recommended actions, eg driver update, reboots, running from Xbox app. The went with the nuke option of a full re-install. Still gives a CTD during the update screen

Soldato
There's a new launcher update today, tried that?

Try unplugging peripherals - apparently there was a bug causing ctd with certain peripherals plugged in which this hotfix should address.

Soldato
The game as of late seems much better looking BUT, with my 3080 my performance isn't great, 20 to 30fps at 1440p ultra, the GPU is only at 50% usage. People are reporting 50fps at 1440p so something is up.

Any idea if there is something specific? I had Gsync disabled and Gsync on it control panel.

Soldato
Definitely something odd there - just played a bit and I’m getting around 40fps on 2070S at a little under 4k (80% res scale), high-end preset, 3900X, 32gb ram... GPU pegged at 100%

Back
Top Bottom