• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Really don’t get the fingerprint complaints.
This is nothing new... the 11 Pro had a glossy band. My grey one has fingerprints all around the band and oily smudges.

The way people are talking about it you’d think this is a brand new to the design

Soldato
Really don’t get the fingerprint complaints.
This is nothing new... the 11 Pro had a glossy band. My grey one has fingerprints all around the band and oily smudges.

The way people are talking about it you’d think this is a brand new to the design
I agree with this totally

Soldato
Picked up a 12 Pro today - lovely looking device and very snappy. I’ve been comparing it side by side to my 11 though and have noticed that the display density seems to be less, so throughout apps, web browsing and iOS itself there is less displayed on screen, which to me makes no sense given the higher resolution OLED!

I’ve had a glance at the settings and everything seems to be correct. Any ideas? It’s rather bizarre and seemingly nullifies one of the main advantages of this phone - my 11’s screen looks better when you put them side by side!

Associate
This thread confuses me, if you don’t really use or are happy with the camera of your current phone and you don’t find it slow. Then why would you purchase a new phone where the main upgrades are the cameras and speed of the device?

Not many people buy things based on logic. How many people own expensive phones and all they do is calls, WhatsApp and a few casual pic/ videos taken that are far from PRO. The majority most likely. Take me for example. I have 2nd gen iPad Pro. All I do is internet and FaceTime

Associate
DC384-FF2-69-DF-46-B8-A3-A2-4-A56173-A915-F.png

This is on Three randomly in south Manchester. No where special or 'major' like a city centre.

My screen feels noticeably bigger than my 11pro. The bezels feel larger and the camera is definitely faster and better in low light.

Soldato
I'm rather happy with my battery life too. 28% battery left with 7 hours of screen on time and I'm sure the initial downloading of apps and full res images from iCloud would have drained it more than normal usage would have too. Considering I changed from an 11 Pro Max (which obviously has immense battery life) to a 12 Pro, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I don't normally hammer my phone this much but I've been tinkering around quite a lot today so I'm confident under my normal use I'll get 2+ days easily.

IMG-0007.png

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just opened up my 12 pro that arrived this morning, first impressions coming from an 8 is it feels a fair bit larger and weightier.

Wish the mini had the better camera stuff on it as would have been ideal!

Associate
Just to touch on the lack of charging block in the box (disclaimer: I’m all for saving the planet if things are genuine), something I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere is that this box is literally half the size of the previous iPhones, it arrived to me in a bag rather than a slightly larger brown box as previously (maybe that’s just yodel but hey).

Now, apple can fit twice as many phone is a container as compared to previous years. This is 50% reduction in international shipping costs as my man maths work it. Yes local and national will still require distribution but delivery to me was probably <25% the size of previous years.

Soldato
Waze is kicking the crap out of my battery. I used Waze through CarPlay yesterday morning, the phone was fully charged when I'd finished at about 8am. I then listened to a podcast through my bluetooth headphones for about an hour and by 3pm the battery was down to 20%. I charged it fully but when I got up about 30 minutes ago it was on 3%.

Battery settings show this:

dK55U9j.png

What's odd is that Waze wasn't running, I killed the app about 20 minutes after I'd stopped using CarPlay yesterday morning.

Soldato
Copied all my stuff from my iphone xs leaving the phones side by side

cant see any app updates in app store im signed into my account but when i go to account page in app store theres nothing listed??

Soldato

Weird. I'd try removing it then reinstalling it, but it's a strange one for sure.

but befvore it would say "all up to date"

theres no screen or menu to check for updates

In the App Store tap your user icon in the top right corner and it'll bring up account info. You can pull down on that screen to check for updates. Mine wasn't showing anything since I'd set everything up fresh but just now two app updates have appeared there.

Back
Top Bottom