Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Had a weird issue with Google Podcasts app on my Pixel5. Had to unsubscribe from 2 items using another device (old phone) before it would refresh and allow me to search/find/subscribe to anything.

[Edit] Just realised you can browse to https://podcasts.google.com/ and do the same thing there.

Associate
I'm going for a refund.

Just a few things that irritate me really.

• Gapgate. Is it an issue, is it not. Google are too quiet
  • Display. Uniformity again isn't great, patch in one corner
  • Display. Grey's look weird? Almost like there's a fog/haze over them and they look to light? Contrast issue maybe?
  • Speaker. Top speaker is a bit meh. Noticed as well on some phone calls the screen vibrates depending on the loudness. Feels kind of weird.
May hold out for the S21. Or take a look at the iPhone?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
3 button here. It's much quicker to navigate round the phone for me.

Google killed off the pill nav in 11, it's 3 button or gestures only now.

Soldato
I'm going for a refund.

Just a few things that irritate me really.

• Gapgate. Is it an issue, is it not. Google are too quiet
  • Display. Uniformity again isn't great, patch in one corner
  • Display. Grey's look weird? Almost like there's a fog/haze over them and they look to light? Contrast issue maybe?
  • Speaker. Top speaker is a bit meh. Noticed as well on some phone calls the screen vibrates depending on the loudness. Feels kind of weird.
May hold out for the S21. Or take a look at the iPhone?

Maybe check out the S20 FE ?

Maybe you have a duff one if you have a patch in the corner or grey issues.

Also on the gap. It's hardly gapgate. You either have it or not. Literally a handful of people seem to suffer with it on all the forums I use. But it's black or white. You either do and your get a next day replacement from Google or refund.... or you don't have it it's not something that is going to develop

Soldato
Each to there own but I ain't no isheep.

3 buttons is the android way

Used to be. I suspect they will go soon enough. Pretty sure they did pull them on the pixel3 and then re added back.

They are handy but also a waste of space.

It's a bit stupid to say 'isheep' because around 75% of any android device has copied or followed the iPhone... That's the reason you don't have a headphone jack... It will be the reason the pixel 6 won't come with a plug next year.

Associate
Maybe check out the S20 FE ?

Maybe you have a duff one if you have a patch in the corner or grey issues.

Also on the gap. It's hardly gapgate. You either have it or not. Literally a handful of people seem to suffer with it on all the forums I use. But it's black or white. You either do and your get a next day replacement from Google or refund.... or you don't have it it's not something that is going to develop

Here's the panel

https://ibb.co/mcWc5Lw

Chrome in dark mode, brightness at 19%

Back
Top Bottom