• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s surprise Ryzen killer

Soldato
Interesting
8 Core Core i9-9900K For $319
against
the 6 core 5600X for less.
It'll be very interesting to see where the gaming scores actually end up.
Those are intel 'old' gen processors, although the 10900K might not be purchasable currently.
No surprise retailers are increasing the prices of everything else, to conform with consumer law, so when they 'slash' them, it'll seem like a bigger reduction.

Soldato
Sapphire Rapids is going to be immense and kick Zen 3 in the teeth.

It's just a shame by the time it actually comes out in 2023, AMD will be poised to release Zen 5.

Im not sure TBH. To match Rome performance will take some doing. To actually compete with Rome...

Permabanned
Associate
Has the take over been allowed by the regulatory?
Also, what exactly have the Chinese to do with anything?

Look here - what Chinese do you see?

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-8cx-gen-2-5g-compute-platform

I think the shift has just started.
The fastest supercomputer in the world is a Japanese ARM based, Apple started to move its Macs to its own ARM-based processors, too.
We'll see. ARM is still mostly picking the low-hanging fruit. We'll see if they can continue the fast progress as they get into the difficult high-perfromance stuff. Then there's the question of the software ecosystem. It's one thing to run servers or souped up mobile chips - offering something for the huge crowd inbetween that's compatable with the software they use is something altogether different. It will be interesting to see in 10 years - if anything, I think you might be right & ARM will win in the long run. I hope not, because I think x86 is great & it's shown how much progress it can make recently, but who knows ?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom