NVidia FPS counter is sometimes disabled. Alternatives? Fixes?

Associate
With some games (WRC 9 today) the NVidia FPS counter that I enabled dissappears. (And WRC 9, not being steam, prevents me from utilising the in built steam FPS counter).

I use the counter when the car is not in motion to help make minor adjustments to settings, by figuring out what I can turn down to try and increase frame rate precisely, and not through guesswork. (Like my high frame rates!)

What is the most common, simple, robust FPS counter streamers use as an overlay? Is there a popular Nvidia friendly choice? Ive not looked into it before.

Associate
OP
I've never understood the obsession with having the FPS on screen. As long as the gameplay is smooth and not jittery then all is good.
Precisely that. I like to play 1440p with everything on ultra, and I love super smooth gameplay too.
Love figuring out what setting will, if turned down, give more FPS.
And I enjoy figuring that out.

It intrigues me that in every game, the setting that kills FPS more than the others is always different.
And tweaking that same setting, in another game, makes nearly no difference when tweaked.

I can bench mark settings in seconds, by standing still in a game, turning various settings on and off to find the sweet spot, keeping 90% of a games settings on ultra, and turning 10-15% of them down a few notches to hit 100+fps which is my preference. Got loads of modern games which run at 144fps, I dont care for higher, but like to try and get as close to 100fps in those demanding games that dip below that figure.

But as I said, turning shadows down in one game for example, wont necessairily make much difference if you turn that down in another game.
Its more enjoyment than obsession. I really enjoy figuring it out.

Back
Top Bottom