Amd wraith cooler speed

Permabanned
I've installed 5 corsair fans which have made things in my case pretty quite. But I've noticed my CPU fan, the wraith prism cooler that came with my CPU is just random at best. I'll open a tab up and suddenly the fan sounds like it wants to take off.

My temps seem OK. But im not sure what is normal. But man this fan just changing its mind evey 10 or 15 seconds. starting to really annoy me now I can pick it out.

Soldato
I've installed 5 corsair fans which have made things in my case pretty quite. But I've noticed my CPU fan, the wraith prism cooler that came with my CPU is just random at best. I'll open a tab up and suddenly the fan sounds like it wants to take off.

My temps seem OK. But im not sure what is normal. But man this fan just changing its mind evey 10 or 15 seconds. starting to really annoy me now I can pick it out.

I've had one for a few months now and have the same issue, I found out this week if you undervolt offset it this goes away. so I went -0.100 down and it's working great now.

This is on a 3600x

Soldato
You just need to set a flat fan curve to 60c then have a sharp ramp up from there else the spikes in CPU temp which bounce between 35-55 cause the fan to constantly ramp up and down.

Soldato
I would set fan speeds
40% @ 50c
50% @ 60c
etc.
I would set fan speeds inaudible up to about 60-65c, then ramp up to full speed at 80-85c.
I don't like seeing CPU above 75c but these CPUs seem to be safe at even higher temps. No reason for system to be making noise below whatever temp you think is critical level. ;)

Back
Top Bottom