LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Just out of curiosity, how do games in 1440P and lower look on a 4K TV like this? I'm thinking Switch/older consoles... even PC games where a higher frame rate is preferred over higher resolution?

They look fine. They look like 1440p TBH lol. You can add some NVIDIA sharpen if you want it to look a little more like 4K.

Associate
I don't use the internal apps, I watch from the apple tv 4k box.

The different model numbers is where it was built/factory.

Hi, just following up on this, i get that model numbers are different factories, and i always saw different retailers get slightly different model numbers, but when i looked at google (not always the best move!) they say "The LG OLED65CX5LB features local dimming, but the LG LG OLED65CX6LA does not. The LG OLED65CX5LB features USB recording, however the LG LG OLED65CX6LA does not."
is local dimming worth having? anyone know of further differences at all please?

Soldato
Hi, just following up on this, i get that model numbers are different factories, and i always saw different retailers get slightly different model numbers, but when i looked at google (not always the best move!) they say "The LG OLED65CX5LB features local dimming, but the LG LG OLED65CX6LA does not. The LG OLED65CX5LB features USB recording, however the LG LG OLED65CX6LA does not."
is local dimming worth having? anyone know of further differences at all please?

Local dimming is for LED TVs, rather than edge lot LEDs they have an array of lights for the backlight so it has zones that independently dim to give better black levels, but with an OLED every pixel can turn on or off independently

Soldato

They are the same TV spec wise, LG UK comparison below.

https://www.lg.com/uk/compare?bizType=B2C

Soldato
Despite my best efforts driving the van to 'accidentally' break my ancient 42" LG LED, it survived another move. :mad:

Gave up looking for justification, the CX has every feature I've been waiting for in an OLED, time to jump on the 55CX train :D Arriving Tuesday.

Soldato
I want one of these but may go with the BX but I dint want to regret that after a while. Is it worth the extra cost?

People say it is for the extra brightness, someone said you wouldn't get the extra "pop" in HDR, so I compared HDR on my S20 Ultra which should be superior to the CX given the vastly higher brightness of the phone compared to the TV, then looked at my BX, yes there is a difference, worth it? To me not really, happy with the BX

The lower end CPU in the TV isn't an issue for me, sure some menus lag momentarily but it's vastly quicker than my Samsung NU7400, not to mention much nicer interface.

Soldato
People say it is for the extra brightness, someone said you wouldn't get the extra "pop" in HDR, so I compared HDR on my S20 Ultra which should be superior to the CX given the vastly higher brightness of the phone compared to the TV, then looked at my BX, yes there is a difference, worth it? To me not really, happy with the BX

The lower end CPU in the TV isn't an issue for me, sure some menus lag momentarily but it's vastly quicker than my Samsung NU7400, not to mention much nicer interface.

As long as it's faster than my KS7000 I'll be happy, this thing sucks in menus.

Thanks I think for me the BX is good! What would we realistically expect out of black Friday on these?

I notice from time to time they go down to 1099 so I assume just that?

I'm inpatient and feel I want to get one now.

I've never wall mounted, but may do this time. Any tips for that? Good mount recommendations etc. Its plasterboard though

Soldato
Also with wall mounting the BX, the HDMI ports are on the back where as the CX are on the bottom, right?

So does that cause problems wall mounting the BX? anyone have experience in that aspect I'd appreciate the feedback :)

Permabanned
Also with wall mounting the BX, the HDMI ports are on the back where as the CX are on the bottom, right?

So does that cause problems wall mounting the BX? anyone have experience in that aspect I'd appreciate the feedback :)
Shouldn't be a problem, most wall mounts aren't perfectly flush and do have some tilt.

Could get some right angled or low profile HDMI cables if the TV is gonna squish on them a bit.

Here are some pics of my 55 CX wall mounted, you can see it sits on the network cable a bit, but it doesn't cause any issues.

Soldato
Last concern if I dont wall mount is that my Sonos Beam soundbar will be taller than the TV stand and then intrude in the image?

Anyone using both together or similar

Soldato
Last concern if I dont wall mount is that my Sonos Beam soundbar will be taller than the TV stand and then intrude in the image?

Anyone using both together or similar

We just got a Sonos Arc to go with a CX55. When both sat on the tv unit it does cut off the bottom 2cm of the TV which you wont notice in films when they're in wide screen but you'd notice when watching regular TV/anything full screen. We will be wall mounting the TV soon so it's not a huge issue but it's not something I'd want to keep forever.

Back
Top Bottom