Will Apple ever offer bulk service subscriber options?

Soldato
How is the Family setup for iOS and this Apple One plan. Can it be shared with non Family/Household members or does it leave your account open to any of the members like Netflix?
Could it be shared to friends or is it best kept to members of your Family/Household only?

Soldato
OP
How is the Family setup for iOS and this Apple One plan. Can it be shared with non Family/Household members or does it leave your account open to any of the members like Netflix?
Could it be shared to friends or is it best kept to members of your Family/Household only?

I want to know this as well because I don't live with my other half yet I spend my time half at hers, half at mine, it works for us and were defo a couple of course, I don't feel apple should limit people based on where they live surely ? There will be millions of families/couples out there that don't have 'western traditional' living situations? What do people do with different surnames in a family that on the face of it appear different families when they are not ?

Soldato
I don't think it is so much the proximity of where the people are, but like with Netflix, Amazon etc. the accounts are generally tied into a main account for payments etc. which is intended for Familys/Couples generally people that are happy to share ALL their account info.
I'm sure you could add additional people to the Family Setup if you're happy with that info being locked/accessible.

With Family Sharing, you can share an Apple Music Family Subscription, an Apple Arcade subscription, an Apple News+ subscription and an Apple TV+ subscription — all without sharing each other’s accounts. The family organiser can invite a family member to share one of these subscriptions through Messages. Just tap “Invite via Messages”, enter the family member’s name or phone number and tap Send. The recipient can accept the invitation by viewing it and then tapping “Join Family”.

JxWe1mF.png

From the Family Sharing example on the Apple site it looks like you can disable certain features like Purchase Sharing, iCloud Storage, Locations, Screen Time. Then leave on the other services for content like Apple TV, Music etc.

You can manage your Family Sharing subscriptions in Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.

Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud. If your family has purchase sharing turned on, apps, music, films, TV programmes and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers.

If you don’t want to share the family photo album, calendar or reminders, you can unsubscribe from them directly on your device, or on iCloud.com.

https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201060
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201088

Soldato
I already pay for apple music and only have the free 5gb? iCloud storage and I am low on iCloud storage, so I may just get the individual one plan, I think they could have increased the iCloud storage some more though, 50gb?, though its plenty for me.

So for an extra £5 I get more iCloud storage and apple TV, not bothered about arcade in the slightest though.

Soldato
I would expect so.
I can see these plans being quite popular.
I’m paying for 200Gb iCloud and family Apple Music already so swapping makes sense. Gain a lot for little extra investment

Soldato
It's tempting but I can't really justify it.

I pay £6.99 for iCloud at the moment but between Netflix and Prime Video, I don't feel the need to add Apple TV+. I also get Spotify for free through work so there's no incentive to pay for Apple Music. I don't use Arcade, I won't use Fitness+ and News would be good but not for £9.99 a month.

If work stops paying for Spotify and Apple TV+ suddenly gets something incredible (and exclusive), I might be tempted. I think it's a great idea, just not for me at the moment.

Associate
Where the One deals become the best value is when the family is involved.

When it's £15 for Apple Music and then £7 for 2TB for iCloud like I'm currently paying, to only pay another £8 and get News, Arcade, TV+ and the Fitness stuff, that's a hell of a deal.

I've been flittering between Apple Music and Spotify for a while now but this deal just makes sense to stick with Apple Music.

Soldato
To be fair I’ve largely ignored Apple TV until now but as my free year is coming to a close I’m now frantically trying to get through the content that interests me and the quality has surprised me.

It’s probably not worth a full time subscription yet but there is some decent content on there which is worth a sub to binge. I see Disney plus in the same way.

Associate
Where the One deals become the best value is when the family is involved.

When it's £15 for Apple Music and then £7 for 2TB for iCloud like I'm currently paying, to only pay another £8 and get News, Arcade, TV+ and the Fitness stuff, that's a hell of a deal.

I've been flittering between Apple Music and Spotify for a while now but this deal just makes sense to stick with Apple Music.
That's exactly it for me as well. I'm paying £14 for Apple Music Family, £6 for iCloud 2TB and currently have Apple TV+ as a result of buying a new Macbook (which does get used).

I would definitely use the fitness + as part of this, so makes sense to go for the larger plan where I would then also get Arcade (as the kids would use it soon) and then Apple News.

Seems like a decent deal if you're using 2-3 or these services already as a family.

Commissario
Back
Top Bottom