Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
That boohoo price is crazy. Just shows what news cab do .

EZJ bizarrely up today. I was hoping to top up at 450ish boo

Agreed, seems the issue is that all the big 4 have declined their approaches so getting auditors who can handle a company that size might now be difficult.

I decided against topping up. It would've made them too heavy in my portfolio and as i've mentioned earlier i'm trying to be a lot more sensible than thinking "bargain lets pile in". If it means i lose out on some profits then so be it, as i'll also be protected from potentially large losses.

Caporegime
Agreed, seems the issue is that all the big 4 have declined their approaches so getting auditors who can handle a company that size might now be difficult.

I decided against topping up. It would've made them too heavy in my portfolio and as i've mentioned earlier i'm trying to be a lot more sensible than thinking "bargain lets pile in". If it means i lose out on some profits then so be it, as i'll also be protected from potentially large losses.

Its hard.

I got in with ezj as a risky hopefully not going to go bust opportunity.
Then recent news on covid debt then down. I almost cut my losses at 480. Because news looked grim in near ter . But held out. Now they are randomly at 500+ and can't figure out why.

Sometimes I think it is just gambling

OcUK Staff
I went in pretty big on Asos following it's large drop last week, it's doing okay so far but my bum is twitchy :D

Put 5k in ASOS at 4900 should have got in last week though around 4600 but ASOS does not really worry me no bad news circling round them.

BOO is risky, it made me 10k nearly then lost me nearly 8k but got out and glad I did otherwise whole portfolio would be negative but back in today at 230 levels and spotted director buys this evening so will sell up tomorrow if in 270-300 range for a quick profit. Unless more positive news unfolds.

Soldato
Under Armour will continue to go from strength to strength I think - They are challenging the Nike/Adidas domination all the time.

5 years ago everyone I knew wore Adidas/Nike golf stuff.....now most people I see/meet/know wear UA golf gear.

I haven't looked into the financials much, but from a personal stand point it's a share I am keen to review/look into more for sure

Soldato
Put 5k in ASOS at 4900 should have got in last week though around 4600 but ASOS does not really worry me no bad news circling round them.

BOO is risky, it made me 10k nearly then lost me nearly 8k but got out and glad I did otherwise whole portfolio would be negative but back in today at 230 levels and spotted director buys this evening so will sell up tomorrow if in 270-300 range for a quick profit. Unless more positive news unfolds.

Looks like they’ve opened back up around 290.
Shame I didn’t buy more at around the 230 mark like I considered for a quick win. But I’d have been too heavy.

There is a slight mourning on the lost potential but also happy that I’m being a lot more sensible.

Soldato
It's the price realignment due to the Rights Issue.

Could you explain to a noob how this works? I understand the rights issue was 32p, and they're raising £2b. But after that announcement, the price went down to 105p earlier this month, and then rallied back up to 240p on Monday??

Shouldn't the news of the rights issue kicked in (and therefore the share price reacted) immediately after its announcement last month?

Soldato
The rights issue was only a proposal at the start of the month, so that drove the share price down a bit as the market had concerns. However, it appears that the financing proposals (which included a bond issue plus the potential for government guarantees) from RR have been well received by the city and so the big institutions started to buy the shares so that they could partake in the Rights Issue.

The RI was only voted through yesterday at which point you know that it is going to happen and so that is the point that the share price is adjusted down to reflect the dilution of the market. The number of shares is increasing but RR's value stays the same, so price is going to go down. ie new price = (current price x 3 + 0.32 * 10) / 13

Back
Top Bottom