• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well boys and girls, heres hoping it'll be my time to jump off this glorious thread of complaining and moaning... I'm que position 40 for a Gigabyte Eagle with an "Ok" amount coming in sometime next week. I'm not gonna get too excited until I get that lovely lovely dispatch email but hopefully its my time to join those 3080 owners in the sky. Its been a wild ride!
See you all in 3-4 years for the next botched launch ill be participating in!

assuming half the ok amount doesn’t go to pre-builds....

Associate
I ordered Tuf gaming OC, yeah I know, I have moved 50 positions in 2 weeks, as there have been no deliveries I guess this is just folk cancelling that accounts for the movement. Trying to find the silver lining in this s show, and that despite reports of it's demise, PC gaming is alive and kicking. Actually wouldn't it be funny if all the activity was like 90% folk speculating on the cards and they keep changing hand at higher and prices until so div scalper is stuck with the thing, wishful thinking I know.

Associate
Drops in the ocean though, they're getting tiny amounts.
I won't say who (coz I've been banned 3 times now even hinting lol) but in last 3 weeks one place has had 40 plus of Asus 3080 cards and another place has had 78 and has another 107 confirmed on way to them. I've been same place in top 10 for over 3 weeks now. It's crazy. In 5 weeks ASUS TUF has had 7 ASUS TUF OC. From first queue email

I don't understand how other places are able to get information on stock arriving up to 2 weeks in advanced. Also all you evga guys I feel bad for EVERYWHERE has been getting them weekly. Even if small amounts, OCUK had had 0

Remember OCUK quote on main website
"we are in the best possible position to acquire it before every other UK retailer. This means the only place to preorder right now is at Overclockers UK!"

Complete rubbish.

Associate
Yeah seems like oc is pretty far down in the priority list for shipments even though they have everybody's money in the bank. Was a good idea for them to keep preorders open as if they charged for what they sold they would be making next to nothing.

Associate
Also I would like to state I think if OCUK did what another big UK competitor is doing with tables and updates everyday showing table updated at 9.30am and a actual long message of information everyday at 14.30pm many people here including me would feel much better. And wouldn't be here in this forums annoyed constantly. And hoping and praying and checking Gibbo's post many times a day.

If like the other place I speak of. I would check Gibbo's post everyday once at 3pm to see changes and posts. And that's it. No complaints. We all know it's a wait. That's fine. (Even though when I ordered my card it said in stock and delivery est was 18th September)
The wait is not the issue it's the lack of care and communication. And I saw Gibbo's long post several days ago and it was a joke.
NO ONE IN THIS 1000pages I total of threads HAS EVER SAID OCUK MANUFACTURERS THESE CARDS. Passive aggressive non apologetic post.

Permabanned
Associate
Yeah seems like oc is pretty far down in the priority list for shipments even though they have everybody's money in the bank. Was a good idea for them to keep preorders open as if they charged for what they sold they would be making next to nothing.
The amount of work they are creating for themselves is crazy. Over 1000 cards have been canceled I total, think of all the work it's taking them to take all these pre ordered ( they know they never will able to complete) And now over 1000 cancellations between all 3000 cards all the calls and Google Doc and manual cancellations will be taking up 90% of their time.
I would be surprised they not first on the list for getting cards because they see ocuk is still taking pre orders and see they doing it bad.

Associate
Wish I didn't have my money tied up in this place, I had a master in my basket the second I saw it, got to checkout final pay button and couldn't, because the money for it is here.
But gigabyte ocs are end of this this week and next week. Along with more visions and masters, so maybe this is the lucky week for us..

Don't hold your breath mate

Associate
Maybe asus are sulpplying other retailers first as they have a smaller pre order queues as oc does have a bigger pre order numbers who knows
i will be waiting this week and next for news before i consider other options hopefully oc get a good amount of cards in or we get some news at least

Associate
So for information this is what I'm talking about. This is actual clear good communication from a competitor. Everyday.
No reason I should be banned for this. There is no mention of competitors name in this screen shot. And the one place it had the name I have blurred it out. So dont ban me again. Look the the image mods NO NAMES OF COMPETITORS.

This is how it should be done OCUK @Gibbo
The previous week was exact same everyday loads of good communication
Screenshot-20201025-110526.jpg

Associate
What make of 2080ti.... Some are noisy, especially 2 fan versions and turbo.

Ahh! gotchya, it's a Gigabyte Gaming OC same as the 3080 we have ordered. I think I have it sorted, the fan was running full and it was hitting 82 degrees when full gaming in VR but I found if I reduced the fan profile to 60% above 50 degrees it still only hit 82degrees max average of 72 and now it's quiet, it's a corsair soundproof case so you only hear it if it is full bore

Associate
So apparently after getting a large shipment of Gaming Trio's on the 23rd, I've only gone up 6 positions in the queue - how has this happened? I thought large was 75-100 units?

I could be wrong, according to everyone on here I am usually, but I think that shipment didn't arrive yet your movement is cancellations

Soldato
This is what I remind myself when I get a bit disgruntled about the wait. This long queue may be a blessing in the long run.
Yeah I mean either works. I'm still 133 in the queue for the ZOTAC trinity, so if the price is right then it can't really get worse than being in a queue for the worst card of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom