• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ampere refresh incoming - why are you removing this post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I posted earlier about the possibility of a refresh of the Ampere gpu to 7nm and I listed the reasons why I felt that this was happening shortly
I’ve posted twice and twice the post has been removed it hasn’t been abusive and it has been based on fact
Initially I thought perhaps the post hadn’t gone through , so I reposted it - again it has been pulled?
Can I ask why this post is removed?

I would also suggest that removing this post simply adds weight to my suspicion that ngreedia are indeed about to go to 7nm and the facts all point to that

The power draw on Samsung 8nm is simply too high - we all know it and it was done based on a poorer anticipated big navi - big navi is clearly going to be much better than anyone, ngreedia included thought.

The clock speeds simply are not there with ampere and they fall over at just above 2ghz to the point a nerf driver is released

The heat they generate is simply too high, heat that has to go somewhere

Big navi is boosting to 2.4ghz on their top SKU
It uses much much less power

The price of the 3090 is simply ridiculous and amd will release a card that matches it or comes very close and is cheaper whilst using much less power

Ngreedia have placed massive orders for 7nm TSMC memory - that is fact

Ngreedia have cancelled the 3080 20gb and a number of other cards and I think it is to bring it in on 7nm TSMC

So a refresh clearly IS coming very soon - as it did with the 2080 super memory revision
in early 2021 there will be TSMC based 3000 series cards and again the early adopters of nvidia cards are about to be shafted

This is what I think based on following things very closely and this was one of the reasons I cancelled my order
Just imagine a 3080 that pulled just 300w and boosted to 2200mhz
That’s what you will see on 7nm TSMC based 3080 and 3090

lastly the biggest pointer to this actually happening soon is that mods pulls the post ?
This is bizarre to say the least and rather disrespectful to the pc enthusiasts on here who do want to know developments in the marketplace and tech world

Is it possible that people are worried they will be stuck with 8nm stock that no one will want shortly ?
If this post is pulled again - you kinda add weight to that theory
I’ll say again - there is a 7nm ampere variant coming soon guys and it really is a case of patience being a virtue - I’m telling you a load of people will be stuck with 8nm ampere cards that no one wants soon and in a very similar position to 2080ti owners - they will be worth a faction of what’s been paid for them

Associate
I'd hazard a guess because it's completely anecdotal at this point and so the main thing it's likely to do is wind up people already waiting for a card, thinking by the time they get it something that hasn't even been confirmed true will supercede it.

If it isn't anecdotal, please provide a source from NVIDIA confirming a 7nm process.

Soldato
If you posted a new thread every time then I can see why it was deleted, just put this post in the ampere thread

While I agree with most of your points about the ampere on 8nm calling Nvidia ngreedia all the way through and stating the clocks of AMD cards and unreleased Nvidia cards as facts undermine your entire post.

We don't know what cards Nvidia had planned or not planned to release to cancel or what clocks the new cards will be running until they are realeased.

Associate
OP
I can show umpteen links to nvidia buying a lot of TSMC Memory 7nm
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7567...mc-for-new-7nm-ampere-gpus-in-2021/index.html
there Are loads of reports

I can also supply a link stating they have cancelled many sku’s incongruous the 20gb 3080
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-r...0-16gb-two-cards-that-may-never-have-existed/

again a quick google search tells you this

We know the Ampere cards do not clock very well that’s - fact - badly enough they release a nerf driver

They generate lots of heat and pull lots of power - fact

Big navi is shaping up to be far better than any of us thought and at low power draw - again fact

So the reality is anything but anecdotal and the fact that the post has been pulled twice kinda supports that retailer panic

Last edited:
Associate
It is hard to take your post seriously when you keep calling Nvidia "Ngreedia".

The staff at OCUK would certainly not be informed about any planned upcoming 7nm release before other people, let alone the mods. The implication that they are shutting down your post as they are afraid of people waiting for the refresh is ridiculous. They would be getting your money anyway whether you upgrade now or in 6 months. They would probably prefer that people believe you so as to cancel their preorders for the current 3080 models and make room for the hundreds of others waiting in line whilst they receive next to no stock. I have no idea why they would have deleted your post but usually it is because it violates rules or is considered a duplicate of prior threads / could be discussed in the ampere thread for example.

Whilst you might be right about the refresh you have not considered the possibility that the 3080 and 3070 are so much cheaper than the 20 series cards because they are made with the Samsung 8nm node. Why would Nvidia have willingly gone with an inferior architecture unless there was a cost benefit? TSMC did not have the capacity with current launches of Big Navi, PS5 AND Xbox series X and Samsung offered an alternative at an attractive price. I would not be surprised if your refresh 7nm cards are more expensive due to their improved performance and the lack of cost savings from going back to TSMC.

Associate
OP
So the word ngreedia invalidates the post lmao ?
I do know why they used 8nm - they couldn’t get the volume of TSMC at the price they wanted it - that why they went with Samsung.
Cost and availability

But the Samsung yields are crap hence the low stock levels and the heat and clock performance just isn’t good enough to fight off a very good big navi card is it

And that’s exactly why they are going to refresh shortly
The evidence and circumstance is all there and anyone with an ounce of noodle can see it

TrM

TrM

Associate
I posted earlier about the possibility of a refresh of the Ampere gpu to 7nm and I listed the reasons why I felt that this was happening shortly
I’ve posted twice and twice the post has been removed it hasn’t been abusive and it has been based on fact
Initially I thought perhaps the post hadn’t gone through , so I reposted it - again it has been pulled?
Can I ask why this post is removed?

I would also suggest that removing this post simply adds weight to my suspicion that ngreedia are indeed about to go to 7nm and the facts all point to that

The power draw on Samsung 8nm is simply too high - we all know it and it was done based on a poorer anticipated big navi - big navi is clearly going to be much better than anyone, ngreedia included thought.

The clock speeds simply are not there with ampere and they fall over at just above 2ghz to the point a nerf driver is released

The heat they generate is simply too high, heat that has to go somewhere

Big navi is boosting to 2.4ghz on their top SKU
It uses much much less power

The price of the 3090 is simply ridiculous and amd will release a card that matches it or comes very close and is cheaper whilst using much less power

Ngreedia have placed massive orders for 7nm TSMC memory - that is fact

Ngreedia have cancelled the 3080 20gb and a number of other cards and I think it is to bring it in on 7nm TSMC

So a refresh clearly IS coming very soon - as it did with the 2080 super memory revision
in early 2021 there will be TSMC based 3000 series cards and again the early adopters of nvidia cards are about to be shafted

This is what I think based on following things very closely and this was one of the reasons I cancelled my order
Just imagine a 3080 that pulled just 300w and boosted to 2200mhz
That’s what you will see on 7nm TSMC based 3080 and 3090

lastly the biggest pointer to this actually happening soon is that mods pulls the post ?
This is bizarre to say the least and rather disrespectful to the pc enthusiasts on here who do want to know developments in the marketplace and tech world

Is it possible that people are worried they will be stuck with 8nm stock that no one will want shortly ?
If this post is pulled again - you kinda add weight to that theory
I’ll say again - there is a 7nm ampere variant coming soon guys and it really is a case of patience being a virtue - I’m telling you a load of people will be stuck with 8nm ampere cards that no one wants soon and in a very similar position to 2080ti owners - they will be worth a faction of what’s been paid for them

sorry but most of the post is based on rumours and lack of understanding and make multi posts on the same subject wont make your point.

Associate
"A quick google search" also shows all the news articles featuring words like "rumored" and "allegedly" if you want to try and be clever about this.

Also using biased words just makes you sound childish. All of these companies are incredibly profit-driven so let's not try and pretend otherwise.

Caporegime
Nvidia are sociopathicly obsessed with always being better than AMD, if AMD better Nvidia in any way shape or form it will send Leather Jacket Man into fits of rage and if it takes dumping Samsung and paying TSMC whatever they want he will do it because the Leather Jacket can't stand being outdone.

Refresh incoming!

TrM

TrM

Associate
Nvidia are sociopathicly obsessed with always being better than AMD, if AMD better Nvidia in any way shape or form it will send Leather Jacket Man into fits of rage and if it takes dumping Samsung and paying TSMC whatever they want he will do it because the Leather Jacket can't stand being outdone.

Refresh incoming!

here is the thing mr humbug. You don’t think mr leather jacket man didn’t allready have a refresh in mind and allready strongholds TSMC for there node this time next year and a nice uplift for the super/ti cards. I bet the only thing he is raging about is he won’t be able to jack the prices up since now it will be needed and not just here guys we love u the 3080 super with 30% better performance coming soon at 899. All praise the leather jacket.

Associate
OP
here is the thing mr humbug. You don’t think mr leather jacket man didn’t allready have a refresh in mind and allready strongholds TSMC for there node this time next year and a nice uplift for the super/ti cards. I bet the only thing he is raging about is he won’t be able to jack the prices up since now it will be needed and not just here guys we love u the 3080 super with 30% better performance coming soon at 899. All praise the leather jacket.
It will be much much sooner - think February

TrM

TrM

Associate
It will be much much sooner - think February

That would be worse for there reputations of nvidia then acctully letting amd win for a while. Look you wait till February I’m sure nvidia will release a 3060 for you to buy. I’ll be playing on my 3080 which I have been for the last few weeks because I don’t see a new 3080 replacement before end of q3.

Caporegime

I do, but what was for 12 months time will now come in the next 2.

Associate
There is already an identical thread with several pages about a 7nm Ampere refresh on OCUK forums:

NVIDIA Allegedly Moving Ampere to 7nm TSMC in 2021
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...y-moving-ampere-to-7nm-tsmc-in-2021.18902518/

You could have just posted your conspiracy theory in there. I presume that is why your thread got deleted. Also if you really want to stick it to Nvidia so badly go and buy one of the upcoming AMD cards rather than saying you will be ever so clever as to wait for the 7nm refresh they are trying to hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom