Motherboard with 2-3 M.2 spots for Ryzen 5000

Associate
I'm planning (as many others) to do an upgrade of my pc in the coming months. My plan is to get a mobo where I could use 2xM.2 harddrives, one for windows/software and one as a gaming drive.

What would your suggestions be for this? I'm thinking about going up to about £300 in price for it,maybe more if it is really a good board.

Associate
OP
Some of the B550s are sub £150 and do this, unless you were after something specific?

Not really that much specific. SOmething that will be easy to use the new Ryzen 5000 series on, have at least 2xM.2 connections and can take at least 64gb memory lol. I'm not concerned about having RBG function or so either

Associate
Mortar/ Mortar Wifi for matx or Tomahawk is atx. There are others which are on sale also. The mortar does have decent thermals from what i've seen for the cost.

Soldato
No sense in wasting limited M.2 slots for some separate pipsqueek drive.
Partitioning is for keeping Windows separate from the rest in case of needing to do fresh install.

Associate
OP
What PCI-E gen do you want all of the M2 slots to be? PCI-E 4 or 3?

I got a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB m.2 waiting for my new build and it is a PCI-E 3rd gen as I understand it. I'm thinking about maybe get another 1TB (maybe 2TB depending on price) as a pure gaming drive depending on price but not sure which brand I would go for.

Back
Top Bottom