Votes: 11 16.7%

Votes: 21 31.8%

Votes: 12 18.2%

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
This is a quote from Vettel to Sky Germany apparently:

"It's not just getting beaten, it is almost like a different league...I try everything I can. The laps I am satisfied with are still too slow. I try to bring the best out of myself and the car. I can't do more than that.."

Maybe Ferrari are gimping his car to build up Leclerc's reputation but if you believe that then you also have to believe Red Bull did the same to Webber when Vettel won all of those titles. Webber was never really competitive after the first season went down to the wire.

Caporegime
This is a quote from Vettel to Sky Germany apparently

Yeah, that's a decent translation.

Maybe Ferrari are gimping his car to build up Leclerc's reputation but if you believe that then you also have to believe Red Bull did the same to Webber when Vettel won all of those titles. Webber was never really competitive after the first season went down to the wire.

Vettel has fallen apart this season, but he was outshone by Leclerc last season too. My feeling is that he has pulled back from the limit after becoming the Spinmeister, and that's hurt his times. Vettel has never seemed to be able to adapt well to the car, and the unstable nature of this year's cars is not something he can handle. Vettel, famously, doesn't do Sports Psychologists and you can see from that quote how mentally beaten he is. Leclerc is making him look worse than ordinary and he has nothing to come back with.

Man of Honour
Anthem time.
Can't say I know the Portuguese one off the top of my head.

[edit]
Well, that's great. Such a mellow and relaxing anthem.

9/10

27°C Track temperature

21°C Air temperature

40% chance of rain for the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom