• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think this'll be my plan for now too. drop in a 3600 and add the saving into my graphics budget then upgrade CPU again within 12 months when enthusiasts are going gaga for Zen4.

This is exactly what I've recommended for a friend of mine, coupling it with a B550. He's keeping his GTX 1070 for now and will see nice gains over his Ryzen 1400 while keeping more of his budget for a gfx upgrade next year. Hardware Unboxed recently did a video comparing the 3600 to higher end CPUs with a 3080 and the difference was small outside of 1080p at very high refresh rates, being almost entirely GPU limited at 4K.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Everyone said Nvidia wanted proffit too and they were shocked when they dropped a card that was faster and cheaper than the 2080Ti.

Supply will eventually work itself out and, conspiracies not withstanding, we will get better than 2080Ti performance for less money...and the companies will still proffit.

Companies can make a proffit and provide value at the same time.

Yeah I think we are all comfortable with this. This is why the minority that thought it was ok for a company to charge £1400 for the 2080Ti was the elephant in the room. What are we a couple of years on and that performance with more features is going to be a third of the price, so this says it was oversold to begin with.

Soldato
Wowzers!!!

If that is to be believed then those games that AMD did not win would appear to be still be very close. Games that use asynchronous compute with heavy emphasis on preemption. But that's just me speculating we will see.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
This is exactly what I've recommended for a friend of mine, coupling it with a B550. He's keeping his GTX 1070 for now and will see nice gains over his Ryzen 1400 while keeping more of his budget for a gfx upgrade next year. Hardware Unboxed recently did a video comparing the 3600 to higher end CPUs with a 3080 and the difference was small outside of 1080p at very high refresh rates, being almost entirely GPU limited at 4K.

Beware, some niche case guys like to go against the grain on this advice. Normally the ones way over 60fps/hz.

Soldato
Been rock solid. At 4K there is zero need for me to upgrade and I will only grab a 5900X once people are selling them on the cheap as they move on to Zen 4 :)

Yup, this!
I'll probably upgrade my GPU first then see what's happening with the 5900X prices or if there is an XT release near the AM5 launch. That should then last me a good number of years.

Permabanned
Ryzen 9 5900X won't be cheap anytime soon, especially not at the moment of Zen 4 launch.
It will be years and if only there are considerable performance improvements coming.

Associate
Yup, this!
I'll probably upgrade my GPU first then see what's happening with the 5900X prices or if there is an XT release near the AM5 launch. That should then last me a good number of years.

Im thinking the same, will trade up my 3800X next year for a 5900X, give my eldest the 3800X, and use his 2600X to build the youngest a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom