Which case for a quiet build?

Associate
Hey,

I've spent a while looking at reviews for cases... and now I'm more undecided than when I started. Every review site seems to rate the noise levels of various cases at wildly different levels, not only in absolute dBA but also relative to other cases. I'd be interested to get some personal recommendations of quiet cases.

The basic build will be (5900X + NH-D15, 3080, X570 Tomahawk) when Zen 3 is released, my current case is a Fractal Design Define R5 which I was pretty happy with but the front USB panel got damaged.

Don't want a window, don't need 3.5/5.25 bays, no watercooling, no rgb, just a quiet plain case.

Any recommendations before I go for the (overpriced) Fractal Design Define R7? Thanks

Associate
Hey,

I've spent a while looking at reviews for cases... and now I'm more undecided than when I started. Every review site seems to rate the noise levels of various cases at wildly different levels, not only in absolute dBA but also relative to other cases. I'd be interested to get some personal recommendations of quiet cases.

The basic build will be (5900X + NH-D15, 3080, X570 Tomahawk) when Zen 3 is released, my current case is a Fractal Design Define R5 which I was pretty happy with but the front USB panel got damaged.

Don't want a window, don't need 3.5/5.25 bays, no watercooling, no rgb, just a quiet plain case.

Any recommendations before I go for the (overpriced) Fractal Design Define R7? Thanks
Phanteks p600s windowless. Has sound dampening, and amazing airflow possibilities too.

For it to be truly quiet case it needs the dampening with good airflow - to keep fan rpm low, which p600s can do.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I will take a look at that one. Didn't actually see the p600s on the comparison charts I was looking at.

Associate
I've currently got a Bequiet Dark pro 900 rev 2... Like you i wanted a quiet system so chose this case. Problem is the airflow is pretty crap so the GPU fan ramps up loud. I also have a 360 AIO mounted at the top as exhaust and the top cover doesnt have great ventilation for the hot air so kinda suffocates itself. The space at the back for cable management is horrific and the PSU shroud you get with it is just annoying to mess around with so I just left it out. I'm currently thinking of getting a Lian-li O11 dynamic XL and going full RGB instead for the looks. I personally wouldn't recommend the dark pro 900.

Just remember, even with all the sound dampening foam a case with poor airflow will still be loud as you'll probably have to crank the fans up loud anyway.

Back
Top Bottom