Votes: 9 13.6%

Votes: 11 16.7%

Votes: 21 31.8%

Votes: 12 18.2%

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was impressed with Bottas' performance this weekend... until about lap 15 when it fell apart. He seemed broken in the post race interview. 'I just had no pace' he said to Brundle.

Albon, with a fully functioning car, was also lapped by his team mate. That's shocking. An indictment of how embarrassing it is for RB now. Similar performances from Vettel and Stroll, the latter of whom could barely keep it within track limits and got trounced by his team mate who was pointing the wrong way and 15 seconds off the back of the pack on the first lap.

Also a shame for McLaren. Great pace at the start running 1st and 4th but just faded to nowhere.

Caporegime
He seemed broken in the post race interview. 'I just had no pace' he said to Brundle.

He's just beaten now. And another season of it coming next year.

Albon, with a fully functioning car, was also lapped by his team mate. That's shocking. An indictment of how embarrassing it is for RB now. Similar performances from Vettel and Stroll

Dunno what's happened to Stroll this weekend. Normally he's equal to Pérez, this weekend he was awful.

4th race in a row without a finish.

Associate
I’m not sure how RB can keep Albion now. His performances are getting worse.

I was all for giving the guy time but, that’s hard when the man he replaced is getting a car into places it has no right to be!

Man of Honour
I was impressed with Bottas' performance this weekend... until about lap 15 when it fell apart. He seemed broken in the post race interview. 'I just had no pace' he said to Brundle.

Albon, with a fully functioning car, was also lapped by his team mate. That's shocking. An indictment of how embarrassing it is for RB now. Similar performances from Vettel and Stroll, the latter of whom could barely keep it within track limits and got trounced by his team mate who was pointing the wrong way and 15 seconds off the back of the pack on the first lap.

Also a shame for McLaren. Great pace at the start running 1st and 4th but just faded to nowhere.

McLaren had been struggling most of the weekend; I think Sainz final position was about as good as it was getting in normal running for them.

Agree on Albon though; he needs to go - its no good being able to "keep up" with Verstappen on track when your 1 lap behind him and Max isn't even pushing....

Associate
It's unfortunate for Albon as well because he also suffered from the wrong strategy.

I think Ricciardo was going for 2 stops too but had to change but ended up just behind Ocon towards the end (and I rate Ocon poorly).

Soldato
Who do red bull put in the number two seat though? They’ve already said the replacement probably wouldn’t come from AT. I know they have the second best car on the grid but there also have a lot of clouds hanging over them with regards to them staying in F1, their engine supply etc. Plus they have Max who can seemingly do no wrong. You’d have to be a pretty confident driver to go in there with visions of toppling him and getting decent results.

Soldato
Who do red bull put in the number two seat though? They’ve already said the replacement probably wouldn’t come from AT. I know they have the second best car on the grid but there also have a lot of clouds hanging over them with regards to them staying in F1, their engine supply etc. Plus they have Max who can seemingly do no wrong. You’d have to be a pretty confident driver to go in there with visions of toppling him and getting decent results.
I think the vast majority of drivers on the current grid and possible prospectives would suffer the same fate as Albon/Gasly/Kyvat. The RB team just looks like a toxic place, where drivers are just broken down and not given a fair chance to compete. This opinion is entirely from an outside spectator. However it seems to be a recurring theme, drivers with strong promise go there and it just kills their career. RB have very clearly put all their eggs in one basket, and as I said from an outside view it looks like they throw scraps to the number two and expect him to perform at the same level.
I sincerly hope Gasly dosnt return to the top team, he shows promise and I feel in a different environment with a bit of nurturing could become a top level driver, just not at RB.

Soldato
Never knew that both drivers at Merc have to use the same tires at the same time?

I call BS on that.
Common knowledge for a long time, been that way since the Rosberg times. Its not adhered to religiously, some races where conditions dictate or tyre allocations differ etc, they may end up on different tyres but with no outlying factors they more often than not do not deviate. Both drivers have been denied differing tyre on numerous occasions, this is not new and not specific to Bottas asking for different tyre than lewis.

Soldato
The RB team just looks like a toxic place, where drivers are just broken down and not given a fair chance to compete.
Netflix Drive to Survive is quite telling for this. It feels like every other interview with Horner is "As long as we have Max we can compete", "I'm still interested as long as Max is here", "Max is my adopted son", "I love Max more than my wife", "we're considering rebranding Red Bull Racing to Max Max Max"

Maybe the key to success at Red Bull is Horner being able to shorten your name to 3 letters. He loved Seb, he loves Max. Maybe 'Kev' Magnussen or 'Ant' Giovinazzi could do well there.

I reckon Sainz is massively regretting going to Ferrari now. Mclaren are a team on the up.

I'm not sure. Leclerc is out scoring both McLaren drivers, if Vettel could be bothered to turn up and deliver a better return than 1 point per race they'd probably be in front of McLaren in the constructors. Vettel is making the Ferrari appear worse than it really is IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom