• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Got my new 12 set up yesterday, I like the design but it’s covered by the new mous case anyway. Using the mous hybrid screen protector and the application was very well thought out.

Associate
The phone obviously does still work on 2G and 3G networks as well. You just can't manually force 3G. This is the extent of the options screen

I'm not sure how many people would care about this but there are places I'll get 1 bar on 4G but full signal on 3G. Because the phone prefers to use 4G it'll hold onto the crappy 4G signal instead of dropping to the solid 3G signal so it's a bit annoying that I can now no longer force it.

I thought for a minute that 3G would not work at all. I’m an ex android user and think on my last galaxy you could force 3G. I’m led to believe on iOS that option hasn’t been there since maybe iOS 12?

My XS Max on Vodafone has a habit of dropping down to 3G though not for long. There are areas where 3G is about the best you can get and even then it’s dead slow.

Soldato
Weird. I'd try removing it then reinstalling it, but it's a strange one for sure.

In the App Store tap your user icon in the top right corner and it'll bring up account info. You can pull down on that screen to check for updates. Mine wasn't showing anything since I'd set everything up fresh but just now two app updates have appeared there.

Do Apps auto update still? my ipad has not auto updated apps in ages, always have to do it manually.

Soldato
I thought for a minute that 3G would not work at all. I’m an ex android user and think on my last galaxy you could force 3G. I’m led to believe on iOS that option hasn’t been there since maybe iOS 12?

My previous 11 Pro Max had the option to force 3G and the iPhone 7 on iOS 14 that I was using before getting the 12 Pro had the option to do it too so it's definitely a 12 thing. Not a huge deal, just a bit of an annoyance.

Do Apps auto update still? my ipad has not auto updated apps in ages, always have to do it manually.

They should do by default. Check Settings -> App Store and make sure App Updates are enabled. I can't remember how it does it though - like it might be a case of it only doing it overnight and/or when it's connected to power.

Associate
Quick question regarding the Iphone 12 pro .
My wife has ordered the 12 pro early November delivery but maybe tempted for the max ( i'm getting that myself )

Looking at dimensions online there's not a lot of difference in the size of the phone and the max offers a 6.7" screen over the 6.1 ( we both have XR 6.1 atm )

One thing she is wondering is does the screen go to all the edges on the 12 ?

She says when she watches Netflix on the Iphone XR she get the boarders either side see photo , Would she get this on the pro or the Max?

Could anyone advise please ?

Thank you
HwTsfAc

Soldato
Yes you'll get borders at the edge in Netflix on the 12 Pro. I'm sure the same applies to the Pro Max too as the aspect ratios are all the same.

I'd disagree that there's not a lot of difference in size between 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max though. It may not look like it's all that much but it'll certainly be noticeable in the hand. I had an 11 Pro Max before and took the chance to drop to the 12 Pro as I found the 11 Pro Max too big and too heavy. The 12 Pro works so much better for me and the 12 Pro Max is even bigger than my 11 Pro Max was. However it's all subjective, but the difference between 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max is 6.6mm in width and 14.1mm in height, I think it'll feel a lot more substantial than you'd think. The comparison images certainly seem to make it look hefty.

Associate
Yes you'll get borders at the edge in Netflix on the 12 Pro. I'm sure the same applies to the Pro Max too as the aspect ratios are all the same.

I'd disagree that there's not a lot of difference in size between 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max though. It may not look like it's all that much but it'll certainly be noticeable in the hand. I had an 11 Pro Max before and took the chance to drop to the 12 Pro as I found the 11 Pro Max too big and too heavy. The 12 Pro works so much better for me and the 12 Pro Max is even bigger than my 11 Pro Max was. However it's all subjective, but the difference between 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max is 6.6mm in width and 14.1mm in height, I think it'll feel a lot more substantial than you'd think. The comparison images certainly seem to make it look hefty.

Thank you for your reply .

Yeah I was worried in the hand it would feel more weighty etc I think she may stick with her order on the pro .

Personally I think I’ll stick with a max as I work a lot from home now so don’t tend to go out a awful lot now .

It’s difficult to decide as we’ve both got to be careful with Covid due to both suffering with asthma . Do this will be the first round we’ve not gone in to store to look and decide and buy.

Thank you once more for your reply .

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Anyone get the 12 pro in blue? I’m waiting for the max and not sure if I should get the blue or not.
The back is gorgeous. The sides are hideous. The tackiest shiniest blue fingerprint nasty magnet.

Back
Top Bottom