Consol Headset

Soldato
The steelseries arctis headsets that work with xbox directly are the 7x and 9x, they use Microsofts 2.4ghx wireless spec so just sync to your xbox like a controller, no dongles, cables or base stations.
They also do a version of the Arctis 1 for xbox that has a dongle for wireless xbox which supports series s/x.

I can strongly recommend the 9x but it is expensive (around £180) the 7x is a little cheaper but spec wise looks very similar, the "1 for xbox" is the cheapest and i have no idea how they perform.

I have an old set of 800x which is the older version of the wireless pro that has the breakout box etc, sounds amazing but uses optical for xbox and requires a chat cable to the controller to coms,
I dropped it for my 9xs and just use it for my PC now (where its excellent).

Soldato
OP
The steelseries arctis headsets that work with xbox directly are the 7x and 9x, they use Microsofts 2.4ghx wireless spec so just sync to your xbox like a controller, no dongles, cables or base stations.
They also do a version of the Arctis 1 for xbox that has a dongle for wireless xbox which supports series s/x.

I can strongly recommend the 9x but it is expensive (around £180) the 7x is a little cheaper but spec wise looks very similar, the "1 for xbox" is the cheapest and i have no idea how they perform.

I have an old set of 800x which is the older version of the wireless pro that has the breakout box etc, sounds amazing but uses optical for xbox and requires a chat cable to the controller to coms,
I dropped it for my 9xs and just use it for my PC now (where its excellent).
Thanks, the 7x look great but also still abit too expensive for me currently, I will however see if they come on offer on prime day as that's only couple days away

Associate
How do the 9x perform on PC? I've read reports of small delays if used through Bluetooth whilst gaming, but ok if you get the small xbox USB dongle thing then it'll sync up like it would on the xbox console.

Soldato
I have only used my 9x with the PC to listen to youtube or music while playing xbox, so its mixed and hard to tell.

I would say bluetooth direct sound is usually a little ropey in games (using a Bluetooth speaker with my laptop would have some delay quite often.

The Xbox dongle thing is on my list for when I upgrade my main PC next as its now in the living room and will be side connected to my big TV for gaming and I will use my xbox controller there.

Associate
Thanks for that, it'll be mostly for playing on my laptop so was thinking if I had to get a USB dongle as well I be as well go for the pro+DAC version.

Associate
Had the 9X and they were trash for disconnections, well documented. Hard to get tech help from Steel Series, they don't even have a forum and customer support was non existent. Swapped them for 3X bluetooth instead, so I can play wired but at the same time connect to my phone or whatever else.

I have constantly found the advantage of playing wireless to be so small compared to the downsides. I find having a small wire running to the controller never ever bothers me. The £70 to £150 range for wireless are just not worth the niggles.

Soldato
OP
Had the 9X and they were trash for disconnections, well documented. Hard to get tech help from Steel Series, they don't even have a forum and customer support was non existent. Swapped them for 3X bluetooth instead, so I can play wired but at the same time connect to my phone or whatever else.

I have constantly found the advantage of playing wireless to be so small compared to the downsides. I find having a small wire running to the controller never ever bothers me. The £70 to £150 range for wireless are just not worth the niggles.
Sucks to hear, so far I haven't had any issues with mine and hope I don't.

Man of Honour
I love my Turtle beach 700 Gen 2s. Wireless, fantastic sound (especially with Dolby Atmos), the mic hides away as of it isn’t there, long battery life, extremely comfortable, second Bluetooth link to an additional device so I can listen to music while gaming, answers calls etc.

Soldato

I've had no issues at all with disconnections, only time i get a desync is if i go to the other end of the house for something but Wi-Fi stuff is very dependant on your environment so maybe you had a clash with something. Never had to use their customer support so I cant comment.
I like them and find them very comfortable.

Associate
I've had no issues at all with disconnections, only time i get a desync is if i go to the other end of the house for something but Wi-Fi stuff is very dependant on your environment so maybe you had a clash with something. Never had to use their customer support so I cant comment.
I like them and find them very comfortable.

Excellent, glad yours work. They are amazingly comfortable but like so many others I had horrendous momentary drops. For me I just prefer the reliability of wired.

Back
Top Bottom