• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
For those people who like pre-ordering, paying and then waiting for a product to drop, Game Collection have Cyberpunk 2077 for PC at £37.95 with a promise they will refund any amount if the price drops between order and delivery.

I don't believe it's competition as OCUK don't sell these games:

https://www.thegamecollection.net/catalog/product/view/id/20512/s/cyberpunk-2077-pc/category/282/

Hope it helps someone get a good price deal, there seems to be quite a few people waiting for this.

Associate
I'm sure you will be able to cancel without charge. Not receiving the stock should be good enough reason. Best to ring them tomorrow though just to make sure.
Had to email them as I doubt I'll have time to ring them in the week there's no rush in a reply anyway even if there's an email backlog

Associate
One month of email exchange to get MY MONEY BACK just made me aware how that place is ran
https://i.imgur.com/555elJT.png

Like they could not do FIXED restock day/hour every week lets say wednesday 12-2 when people got lunch break. So everyone that would like to buy has a chance.
With this random crap only scalpers gonna get them.
Yeah, it's terrible customer service. There's nothing worse than seeing more people scalping and selling cards than people who actually want a card for themselves. It's a complete joke!
Most of us don't have the time to sit on the PC all day 24/7. The ones that do are just profiting from it.

Permabanned
Yeah, it's terrible customer service. There's nothing worse than seeing more people scalping and selling cards than people who actually want a card for themselves. It's a complete joke!
Most of us don't have the time to sit on the PC all day 24/7. The ones that do are just profiting from it.
I got time to sit on pc 24/7 and onoy time i seen buy option in theirs store was on 17th and store bugged ...

Associate
I got time to sit on pc 24/7 and onoy time i seen buy option in theirs store was on 17th and store bugged ...
I work from home, so I'm always in front of my PC. I've always got sites and apps open on my other monitor, but still can't get one.
Just give us a time slot like you said. At least we all stand a change of getting one. Since 2pm on 17th Sept, it's been nothing but a **** take. They can't even manage to fix their website in a decent timescale.

Associate
Hello guys I read something earlier about power cables to your GPU improving performance?

I am a bit confused and I have never actually heard of this so can someone explain to me what all the difference is about

Associate
Hello guys I read something earlier about power cables to your GPU improving performance?

I am a bit confused and I have never actually heard of this so can someone explain to me what all the difference is about

Not performance, stability. A single cable split to supply more than one input supposedly causes issues. On a single rail PSU I can't see it, but multi rail with specific outputs for GPU, maybe.

Associate
A single cable does not mean it is not powerful enough, it means it cannot supply the current required without burning out.

Even a single rail PSU should use two separate cables, it is more to do with the current capacity of the conductor than the PSU.
They only use small gauge wires after all, otherwise you would not be able to route them easily.

Small gauge wire conductor means lower current capacity, hence if you try to pull 320 Watts through one cable assembly the conductor will burn out due to the excess current.

320 Watts at 12V is 27 Amps (just under) so your Conductors Current capacity needs to exceed this by a big margin to combat surge and excess load.

That is why your PSU to GPU cables use multiple conductors so they can stay small enough to be flexible.

You could use a single 10 AWG conductor for positive and negative but it would not be flexible enough to route easily.

Last edited:
Associate
Well dur, using a splitter is running it out of spec... If it's only got one 8-pin plug, it's not powerful enough.

Well Durrr, even some modular PSU's provide cables in the box that turn 1 8-pin plug into 2. PSU manufacturers themselves accept that this is often a valid way of powering a GPU. With the 3000 series, it's not as stable as anyone would like.

Next time, before jumping down somebody's throat, know what you're on about.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/msMAAOSw43pcmqOS/s-l1600.jpg

**Do Not Hotlink images **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Not performance, stability. A single cable split to supply more than one input supposedly causes issues. On a single rail PSU I can't see it, but multi rail with specific outputs for GPU, maybe.

If you haven't heard of it then take a look at Stabilant 22 connection improver. Remarkable stuff, and unlike most snake oil this one has approval from Volkswagen and Boeing and you don't get aerospace approval unless the product works! trouble is, it's dearer than gold, and you have to dilute it with Isporopyl alcohol where it becomes Stabilant 22A to be able to use it, but it does definitely work and improves the connectivity for a long period of time.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Well Durrr, even some modular PSU's provide cables in the box that turn 1 8-pin plug into 2. PSU manufacturers themselves accept that this is often a valid way of powering a GPU. With the 3000 series, it's not as stable as anyone would like.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/msMAAOSw43pcmqOS/s-l1600.jpg

taken from season own manual and on website
kcUULig.jpeg

so not really a accepted way of powering a GPU they even warn against it but who really looks at manuals these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
A single cable does not mean it is not powerful enough, it means it cannot supply the current required without burning out.

If only there was some rule about the relationships between voltage, current and wattage. Oh hang on there is! It's the same thing! :eek:

I do, but thanks for your concern. I'd forgotten that this forum likes a nice fight over nothing!

It's not difficult to use something as per the instructions.

Permabanned
kcUULig.jpeg

so not really a accepted way of powering a GPU they even warn against it but who really looks at manuals these days
Yes but these cables are so chunky. I connected the 2nd cable and it is patiently waiting for rtx card but there is less space in a case now.

Associate
kcUULig.jpeg

This was my plan as I won't be running sli this time around. Thought using two separate pcie sockets off my PSU would lessen the load on each supply

Back
Top Bottom