Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd-26th Oct 2020]

Associate
Really disappointed with Everton they’ve been miles off the pace.

This is their pace, the bubble was always going to burst when you look at their results this season. They should have lost against Liverpool and got lucky against Palace with a Penalty that shouldn't have been given. Weren't convincing against West Brom until the sending off. As the season get's going they will freefall. They have played one decent team and should have lost.

Soldato
This is their pace, the bubble was always going to burst when you look at their results this season. They should have lost against Liverpool and got lucky against Palace with a Penalty that shouldn't have been given. Weren't convincing against West Brom until the sending off. As the season get's going they will freefall.
Not sure they will, they're a much better side than they have been for a long time. Nobody in the league is especially strong this season. They have as good a shot as anyone at top 6.

Associate
Not sure they will, they're a much better side than they have been for a long time. Nobody in the league is especially strong this season. They have as good a shot as anyone at top 6.

They have a half decent first 10 outfield players. As soon as one of the regulars is injured or like Digne red, suspended they will struggle. Said at the start and stand by it they won't get near top 4 and think 6th will be a stretch. Massively over rated, because the media like to whip up another Leicester.

Don
I think everybody is going a bit ott regarding Everton losing. Southampton are a very useful side that continuously cause problems against the better sides - they'll just go and lose by 5 goals to a mid table side next week.

Soldato
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti to Sky Sports: "We didn't play well, Southampton were better than us and they deserved to win. Sometimes you are not at your best, it came after a really good run for us, now we have to look forward with the same spirit and belief.

"We tried to get back into the game, we had some good control after half-time.

"The red card was a joke, it was not intentional, for sure it was not violent. Maybe it was a yellow. Maybe all this talk all week against Pickford, against Richarlison, affected the decision and if so it's not right, it's not fair. We will appeal, for sure.

"I told the players winter is coming and we will have to react."

Crikey. It was an awful challenge...you cant defend those.

Commissario
How many managers wouldn't do the exact same. I myself think it's far from clear cut, slowed down it looks far worse. I'm not convinced.

I thought the red was harsh, yellow card yes.

Since when does running behind someone and accidentally treading on the back of their foot warrant a red card.

The main problem is the pitchforks are already out like they were for Pickford last week. I'm trying to be unbiased but I really don't believe there was any malice from Digne.

I don't remember the same media uproar when Gomez had his ankle spun 180 degrees when Son tackled him last season.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Not a red for me, looks like Digne’s foot just lands on Walker-Peters’ heel and gets caught on something. He was backing off and got unlucky, yellow card at most.

Back
Top Bottom