Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I'll bear that in mind jimlad, arhhh. Not

Exactly, so you'll selectively disapprove of certain things? You don't like gestures, that's fine, you have options. Many of us do, it really has nothing to do with 'who did it first' it's just a nice and easy way to interact with the phone while leaving all that space for display.

Meh, andy. Just cause you are a reviewer.

I honestly have no idea what that has to do with anything?!

3 dot navigation is so much better.

Sounds a little Apple like tbh. 'This is better. This is how you will use it!'

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I quite like gestures, its not as refined, as just having screen navigation buttons. But, you can set the sensitivity in the settings and if they continue to get better... It'll be a no brainer for the extra space and that cleaner look.

Soldato
I quite like gestures, its not as refined, as just having screen navigation buttons. But, you can set the sensitivity in the settings and if they continue to get better... It'll be a no brainer for the extra space and that cleaner look.

I'll stick with it for sure, tried going back to the 3 buttons when I first got the phone but it just felt a bit dated.

Soldato
Just to be awkward I actually started using the sort of three button/gesture hybrid :p
I'm not sure if it's all phones or just Samsungs. But it gives the responsiveness of the three buttons and the benefit of full screen with the gestures.
I never realised how slow and clunky the gestures were until I tried it out.

Soldato
Bought myself a Pixel 5 in Sage as a work phone :)

I was tempted between a Pixel 5 and iPhone 11 at £32 a month with 50GB of data on EE, and ultimately went with the Pixel because I’m getting myself the new 12 Pro Max as a personal phone and thought it would be nice to have the choice between both.

Arrives tomorrow :)

Soldato
Gone from the Pixel 4 (non XL) to the Pixel 5.

The Pixel 4 is better in almost every way, but I need the bigger battery for work and with the current situation using the finger print instead of face unlock is nice.
If it wasn't for these 2 things I would sell the Pixel 5 and keep the 4.

Pixel 4 is faster, especially when taking pictures and in the odd game (play Pokemon Go with my daughter and sometimes Sonic). I also find the Pixel 4 feels snappier when using it for all the common things you do when using the phone. Don't get me wrong, the P5 is nice, but apart from the battery it is a step backwards. If anybody doesn't care too much for the battery and is a light user, the P4 is a much better buy.

Soldato
Gone from the Pixel 4 (non XL) to the Pixel 5.

The Pixel 4 is better in almost every way, but I need the bigger battery for work and with the current situation using the finger print instead of face unlock is nice.
If it wasn't for these 2 things I would sell the Pixel 5 and keep the 4.

Pixel 4 is faster, especially when taking pictures and in the odd game (play Pokemon Go with my daughter and sometimes Sonic). I also find the Pixel 4 feels snappier when using it for all the common things you do when using the phone. Don't get me wrong, the P5 is nice, but apart from the battery it is a step backwards. If anybody doesn't care too much for the battery and is a light user, the P4 is a much better buy.
They aren't competing for the same market space so I'm not surprised that it seems a step backwards from the Pixel 4.

Soldato
I see some of your points but I felt it was a nice upgrade from the 4xl. The unsupported face unlock the bezels and design made it feel quite dated to the 5.

I prefer the haptic feedback of the 4xl

Man of Honour
I never tried the 4 haptic feedback, but I think the pixel 5 is fine - but everyone is different.

I prefer 3 button navigation but I've enabled gestures as I like the screen and the space on the screen.

I've got no regrets about going for the pixel 5. I'm not sure if I can be bothered with selling the headphones but at the same time I don't need a second pair of BT headphones.

Associate
How odd. The iPhone 11 pictures are quiet good but for Android phones I'd say the pixel was by far superior.

She's had a Samsung Galaxy, some Huawei (P20 Pro?), and the Pixel, and all have been eclipsed by my iPhone. So much so that I've very very nearly convinced her to take my XS Max when my 12 Pro Max arrives! (She's always had Android phones)

Soldato
So much so that I've very very nearly convinced her to take my XS Max when my 12 Pro Max arrives! (She's always had Android phones)

I had an XS (same camera as the XS Max) and the daylight photos were great (same as they have been on most flagship phones for several years), but in low light it was very poor. Which type of photos do you believe are better on the iPhone? If it's all bright daylight stuff, then it generally comes down to personal preference depending on the image processing.

Back
Top Bottom