• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
5600 will be out later in the cycle once they build up enough chips that fit its criteria i bet.
They will probably do away with the 5600 non X version this time around just like they did with the 2700 non X, why would AMD release a chip that will kill the sales of their higher margin part unless the 5600X doesn't sell at all I don't expect to see a non X version anytime soon.

Since Lisa Su took charge they have priced their cards higher than expected every release. Remember Polaris? Everyone expected the 480 to be sub $200, It was for a limited run of 4GB models. Remember Vega? everyone saying that they wouldn't price it higher than the 1080 as it was a year late and they needed to win market share? AMD priced it higher. And again the 5700xt/55700, even at $399 and $349 people were expecting the prices to be cheaper.

I don't know what they will charge for the new cards, but, Lisa Su has been very vocal about changing the mindset of AMD been the budget GPU brand. The reason AMD have been cheap in the past is they have sacrificed Margins to do that. They aren't sacrificing margins anymore.

If the 3080 competitor is faster, while using less power then I wouldn't be surprised if it was $699, especially if they have a plentiful supply of cards. With Nvidia's stock situation been so bad, they might even charge more. The demand for GPUs is massive right now. As long as AMD don't mess the launch then they will sell every card they make, even at $649+ prices.

The 5700XT and 5700 would have been even higher had nvidia not countered with super cards that forced AMD into a last minute price cut.

Yeah I think we are all comfortable with this. This is why the minority that thought it was ok for a company to charge £1400 for the 2080Ti was the elephant in the room. What are we a couple of years on and that performance with more features is going to be a third of the price, so this says it was oversold to begin with.

And now we have the 2080ti replacement the 3090 going for £1800 so the price keeps rising and cycle repeats

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait for the 5600 none X, $220, $20 more than the 3600.

I hope it is the case,but what about the Ryzen 7 5700X? With Zen2,we had complete information on the entire line-up at launch. I really hope we get some information on them next month!!

Yep. The iPhone 7 releases at a higher price and the iPhone 6 is sold as the 'budget' option.

Apple is the company who really started doing this in a big way in the tech industry. Now everyone wants to copy it! :(

Soldato
I've never really gone for a high end GPU before. I think my Vega 56 was my newest card that I bought about a year and a half ago.
However, Now I game every day on my PC whereas before it was once every few weeks. I'm now seriously considering spending a bit more to go higher end for a change.

Associate
Beware, some niche case guys like to go against the grain on this advice. Normally the ones way over 60fps/hz.

True, they can be very vociferous too! Unless you're running a 240hz or above monitor then the difference at 1080p is pretty meaningless in my opinion, I don't much care when the frame rate is over 100 (as long as the minimums are ok, as they always are with the 3600). My friend plays on a 60hz TV too so it'll be a long time before he's in any way limited.

Associate
3 Days to go.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom