* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Anyone listen to some Crowbar? Really into them right now, real heavy + slow i believe its known as “sludge metal” sounds fantastic on my home system, have linked a couple of my favourites below.

Absolutely great tunes.

anyone got any recommendations for similar? I cant find any other that compair.

Associate
Anyone listen to some Crowbar? Really into them right now, real heavy + slow i believe its known as “sludge metal” sounds fantastic on my home system, have linked a couple of my favourites below.

Absolutely great tunes.

There's nobody quite like Crowbar. The song Planets Collide and the album, Odd Fellows Rest, upon which it features are my favourites.

Associate

Absolutely great tunes.

I like a few songs but hadn't looked them up further. That first track you shared is brilliant though, along with their cover of Led Zeppelin's No Quarter my dad recently shared this has really piqued my interest further. As @Daftbrown said they're pretty unique but YOB are somewhat in the same vein, sludgy but perhaps more doom, excellent in their own right in my opinion.

Soldato
I like a few songs but hadn't looked them up further. That first track you shared is brilliant though, along with their cover of Led Zeppelin's No Quarter my dad recently shared this has really piqued my interest further. As @Daftbrown said they're pretty unique but YOB are somewhat in the same vein, sludgy but perhaps more doom, excellent in their own right in my opinion.

had a listen not my thing, more Doomy as you say, the search continues! Thanks for your suggestions tho!

Associate
had a listen not my thing, more Doomy as you say, the search continues! Thanks for your suggestions tho!

Have you listened to the band Down?

Kirk Windstein plays guitar for them. Kirk essentially is Crowbar, the other band members have changed many times over the years.

Nola is Down's first and I would say best album. It's different to Crowbar but really very good. The rest of the band is made up of members of Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity and Eyehategod.

Soldato
Have you listened to the band Down?

Kirk Windstein plays guitar for them. Kirk essentially is Crowbar, the other band members have changed many times over the years.

Nola is Down's first and I would say best album. It's different to Crowbar but really very good. The rest of the band is made up of members of Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity and Eyehategod.

yes i have thanks. Didn't actually realise crowbar had gone thru that many members until you mentioned and i wikid it.

will give Nola a proper listen thru tomorrow.

Associate
For anyone out there who are interested in metalcore you should check out these guys. Currents, August burns Red and Breakdown of Sanity might not be for everyone but sometimes its good just to lose yourself in the music.

Soldato
From the German band - Ad Cinerem - who sound like a slower, heavier "Doom metal" version of Amon Amarth who I've been listening to over the past week or so. They only have two albums out, their debut 2016 "Shadows of Doubt" and their 2018 EP "Of Earth and Ashes", which is where this song "Death of a Wanderer" is taken.

Soldato
This came up on my YT feed

i have never heard of them

watching the video , and its interesting with all the classical instruments behind him

Used to really like them around Great Mass / Titan era but their later releases didn't grab me. Will watch this though thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom