• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

found an old gfx card, can it run crysis?

Soldato
your thoughts:

IMG-20201025-140809.jpg

anyone else had one?

Soldato
Pixels were lighter in those days, and harder to come by. No heavy lifting required by heatsinks or fans. We added the special effects with our imagination, not teraflops, and there was always the danger that the extension lead to the hole in the road we lived in would get broken by a passing traction engine, spoiling our game of Railroad Tycoon.

Kids today, etc etc.

Soldato
OP
Hehe. I think this card was replaced with a riva tnt2. After that it was geforce 256. I found my voodoo 3 card and a videologic nec add on card too so now i cant remember in what order i did what lol

Man of Honour
Oh yes! Binned mine. It could run Jedi Knight 2, but couldn’t do the coloured lighting iirc.

Hehe. I think this card was replaced with a riva tnt2. After that it was geforce 256. I found my voodoo 3 card and a videologic nec add on card too so now i cant remember in what order i did what lol

Yes, the 256 (GTS?) was my next card I think and then a voodoo (3?).

Man of Honour

Nice find on the Rage :) I love finding my old hardware. The tnt2 I had one of them back in the day if i remember rightly it wasn't good. I bought this straship troopers game and there was no way it was going to run it. I'm sure I have a power VR kyro somewhere. Will have to dig that out some day.

Man of Honour
These had lots of issues in terms of feature compatibility - to the point I remember more than one game developer rage (LOL) commenting in the source code.

The GPU caps were a mess with it being anyone's guess if the hardware actually supported a feature it said it did properly.

Back
Top Bottom