Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd-26th Oct 2020]

Don
I fail to see what difference that makes to the players. Named in the 25 man squad or not, everybody has known that Ozil and the club have been at war for ages. If anything, by not naming him in the squad they've drawn a line under everything.

Soldato
The Arsenal Club have cut of their own nose, to spite their face. If they are not going to play Ozil, they should have sold him or ended his contract by mutual consent.

Anyway great win for us today, first time since '73. Vardy's still having a party at Arsenal's expense :D

Associate
Brendan Rodgers played Arteta tonight, set his team up to defend for 60 minutes and get a Vardy goal on the break late on, worked like a charm, Arsenal fell for it and had no answer. Front players have looked dire lately, Aubameyang especially. You could see it happening and what makes it worse, Arsenal had nothing, got what they deserved.

Don
I think that's a little bit generous on Rodgers. Arsenal dominated the first half and could and should have been ahead at HT. It wasn't great tactics from Rodgers that the goal was ruled out or Laca missed a header from under the crossbar afterall.

Soldato
I think that's a little bit generous on Rodgers. Arsenal dominated the first half and could and should have been ahead at HT. It wasn't great tactics from Rodgers that the goal was ruled out or Laca missed a header from under the crossbar afterall.

They dominated, but could and should counts for nothing. Second half Arsenal were dire, ran out of idea's, they only had one shot in the second half, compared to 8 in the first.

Leicester exploited the weakness in the back line and did what Arsenal couldn't do in the first half and score. Great tactics by Rodgers in the 2nd half.

Don
They dominated, but could and should counts for nothing. Second half Arsenal were dire, ran out of idea's, they only had one shot in the second half, compared to 8 in the first.

Leicester exploited the weakness in the back line and did what Arsenal couldn't do in the first half and score. Great tactics by Rodgers in the 2nd half.
:confused: Of course could and should counts for something when discussing the tactics of the two managers. The match wasn't 0-0 at HT because of anything Rodgers done - Arsenal missed chances and had a questionable decision go against them. Leicester could have easily found themselves 2 or even 3 goals down at HT without any changes to the pattern of the 1st half. The fact that Leicester got in a 0-0 was luck rather than judgement.

The second half I agree, Rodgers/Leicester were much better at stopping Arsenal and also looked more threatening going forward but the point I responded to was that it was some sort of masterstroke to defend for 60 minutes when in reality Rodgers was fortunate that the game wasn't over by HT.

Caporegime
Oliver outdoes himself, minimum 3 minutes added on and he doesn’t play it. Missed two blatant yellows one by Barnes and the other whoever blocked Son off.

Such a **** ref.

Back
Top Bottom