• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Will warn you both that the Horween leather does scratch fairly easily, but I guess that adds character to the case. If you're after a more durable finish, I believe the active leather is more robust (but doesn't look as classy :D).

Yea I started reading up and the consensus seems to be the active leather isn't nice at all but recommended if you're going to beat it up some what.

I thought about it a little more and thought why the hell am I paying for a case for my case?

Soldato
Historically always had dedicated phone insurance in case of drops, etc. I haven't yet need to use it in the six or so years I've had it. I was looking at AppleCare+ but at £200 (plus excess) vs a screen cost of £230 I'm questioning if it is better to self insure and just put the £200 to one side. House insurance will cover theft/loss with an excess of £250.

Soldato
Historically always had dedicated phone insurance in case of drops, etc. I haven't yet need to use it in the six or so years I've had it. I was looking at AppleCare+ but at £200 (plus excess) vs a screen cost of £230 I'm questioning if it is better to self insure and just put the £200 to one side. House insurance will cover theft/loss with an excess of £250.

It's the £426 (12) or £526 (12 Pro) repair cost for a cracked back you have to worry about.

Associate
I've returned my clear case to Apple as i'm not a fan of the hard plastic. It's still quite slippy and can't justify the cost of it for something i'm not 100% happy with. So i'm on the lookout for another clear case. I want something that's thin and compatible with magsafe. I've looked at the Mous Clarity case but it seems very bulky around the edges.

Any ideas?

Soldato
I've returned my clear case to Apple as i'm not a fan of the hard plastic. It's still quite slippy and can't justify the cost of it for something i'm not 100% happy with. So i'm on the lookout for another clear case. I want something that's thin and compatible with magsafe. I've looked at the Mous Clarity case but it seems very bulky around the edges.

Any ideas?
In the mous FAQs it says it works with magsafe. I've got a Torras Diamond Clear Case and a magsafe charger. Phone hasn't arrived yet, it'll be with me in an hour though, so I can let you know how it works.

Associate
In the mous FAQs it says it works with magsafe. I've got a Torras Diamond Clear Case and a magsafe charger. Phone hasn't arrived yet, it'll be with me in an hour though, so I can let you know how it works.

I've just ordered the Torras myself after having a search through amazon. The magnet is quite strong on magsafe so I can imagine it being fine with a thin case. Will be interesting to see how you get on though.

Associate
Did anyone else get themselves in the position where their current iPhone is running iOS 14.2 beta and are wanting to restore a backup onto their new 12? What would be the simplest way around this, should I set up the 12 as new, update to 14.2 beta and then restore?

Caporegime
So painless effort today with my return of my Voda iPhone 12 pro. Took it into my local store and they cancelled the upgrade there and then. Was thinking they might kick up due to the fact I used it for a bit over the weekend etc. But they didn’t so that was pretty good I guess.
Still have my Apple pre order for the 12 pro, still have 2 weeks or so before its delivered to me. So plenty of time to cancel it as I’m still umming and ahhing about whether or not to cancel it.
First time I’ve been this undecided about a new phone lol. Normally I just get one and am happy but with the 12 pro, I’m just not feeling it as much as I thought I would be.

I’ve already got the usb c wall charger from spigen that someone posted a few pages back. I’ve also got my usb c to lightening cable for my car along with a usb c car charger that goes into the lighter socket. Haven’t opened those up yet so can be returned via Amazon if need be. Case and screen protector I’m going to wait till I make up my mind for final.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I’m still on the fence about whether to send my 12 pro back or not.

Really not liking the size, just feels awkward to hold, the square edges coupled with the larger dimensions just don’t feel nice.

Need to play about and see if the night mode portrait, lidar and anything else are compelling enough for me to live with it over a mini.

I would really like a mini, the 8 was perfect size for me so it should be ideal.

But how bad will the low light quality be over the pro :/

Back
Top Bottom