Doom Eternal

Associate
Playing the dlc, just finished the 1st slayer gate to unlock the support rune, I'm rusty on the jumping sections so far but really enjoying the speed of the larger battles

Associate
Playing the dlc, just finished the 1st slayer gate to unlock the support rune, I'm rusty on the jumping sections so far but really enjoying the speed of the larger battles

I went back and did some missions to get ready for the DLC hehe. The speed and combat is totally unique to the game heh.

Im on the last mission. Ive had to turn the difficulty down twice. Some insane sections where the enemies get really silly. And the new ghost enemy is a pain in the ass.

Associate
played 5 minutes and got destroyed. I haven’t played Doom since April and forgot every bind and tactics. Will practice on Doom Eternal to get the feeling back then play this. I might even wait for the 2nd DLC and play them together.

Soldato
played 5 minutes and got destroyed. I haven’t played Doom since April and forgot every bind and tactics. Will practice on Doom Eternal to get the feeling back then play this. I might even wait for the 2nd DLC and play them together.

Exactly the same for me, I logged back on for the DLC after not touching it since finishing Eternal and got totally rinsed on the first section, ran out of Ammo on every gun and totally failed at everything.
Died about 15 times before turning it off, may have to lower it to Hurt Me Plenty...

Associate
Anybody else have issues with HDR tanking fps? I remember Doom Eternal if I enabled HDR fps literally halved in places to 60-70. Plus, the HDR menu bug at the time I just ended up playing SDR. Well the same is still happening for me with the DLC. If I turn HDR on then go into tab to check the map then return to game the FPS tanks from 120 to low 60s. My system should be ok, I think, I play at 1440p/120hz with a 2070S and a 3700X on an OLD C9 with G-sync enabled.

Soldato
Played about 90 minutes of the DLC yesterday and not really sure how I feel about it.

I absolutely loved Doom Eternal, I played it for ages before finally completing it, and even when I was dying loads I was still enjoying it, its one of the few games where I even bothered to get all the collectables. This just seems more of the same except they simply chuck a crazy number of enemies at you. I guess more of the same is no bad thing really, but not feeling the same desire to play through it, I'll probably have to turn the difficulty down from ultra violence and see if I enjoy it more.

Associate
Exactly the same for me, I logged back on for the DLC after not touching it since finishing Eternal and got totally rinsed on the first section, ran out of Ammo on every gun and totally failed at everything.
Died about 15 times before turning it off, may have to lower it to Hurt Me Plenty...

Running out of ammo isnt really a concern, the game constantly throws fodder at you, so you can replenish your ammo from the chainsaw. You've gotta keep moving and work out the best guns for the job. The 3 missle lock on and chaingun are generally the highest damage. They also stagger the larger enemies which is very useful. Super shortgun is great for getting around.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Anybody else have issues with HDR tanking fps? I remember Doom Eternal if I enabled HDR fps literally halved in places to 60-70. Plus, the HDR menu bug at the time I just ended up playing SDR. Well the same is still happening for me with the DLC. If I turn HDR on then go into tab to check the map then return to game the FPS tanks from 120 to low 60s. My system should be ok, I think, I play at 1440p/120hz with a 2070S and a 3700X on an OLD C9 with G-sync enabled.

not at all, still bouncing off the limiter at 144fps with hdr on

Soldato
The issue I have with these muti part DLC's is you have to keep re-downloading the base game to play them.

I tend to uninstall a game when I am done playing it.

So essentially I'd have to re-download the game to play the DLC, remove it and in 6-9months repeat the process again for the new DLC.

They need to make the DLC stand alone so you don't have to download the base game to play it. I reckon they would actually make more sales that way too.

As the base game isn't a condition on someone purchasing the DLC.

Man of Honour
Doesn't really work - most DLCs depend on 50+% of the resources from the base game anyhow and it isn't unusual for them to integrated in some way into the base game as well. So you'd end up more or less reinstalling the whole thing anyhow.

Associate
The issue I have with these muti part DLC's is you have to keep re-downloading the base game to play them.

I tend to uninstall a game when I am done playing it.

So essentially I'd have to re-download the game to play the DLC, remove it and in 6-9months repeat the process again for the new DLC.

They need to make the DLC stand alone so you don't have to download the base game to play it. I reckon they would actually make more sales that way too.

As the base game isn't a condition on someone purchasing the DLC.

The Doom DLC is standalone I thought ?

"Despite being an expansion, The Ancient Gods doesn't require the base game. "When we look at how many people have played through the game we have a large percentage – higher than 2016 – that have completed it, so you're always looking at that and seeing how far players make it through your game," id Software executive producer Marty Stratton told PCGamesN. "It’s important as we want the DLC to reach as many people as possible. In fact, you don’t even need to own Doom Eternal to buy the DLC and play it.”

Soldato
The Doom DLC is standalone I thought ?

"Despite being an expansion, The Ancient Gods doesn't require the base game. "When we look at how many people have played through the game we have a large percentage – higher than 2016 – that have completed it, so you're always looking at that and seeing how far players make it through your game," id Software executive producer Marty Stratton told PCGamesN. "It’s important as we want the DLC to reach as many people as possible. In fact, you don’t even need to own Doom Eternal to buy the DLC and play it.”

Sweet!!!

Would have been a pain to redownload the base game. All DLC should work like this.

Although the thought of fighting more murders gives me shivers.

Back
Top Bottom