The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Caporegime
Enjoyed it again this week. No idea if it's still as scripted as it was, guess it probably is, but the banter and humour feels less staged and more like 3 lads having a laugh together rather than 3 dads trying to be funny. Just need a few more serious car segments with Harris and it'll be a perfect hour to waste the time.

Man of Honour
I'm finding it less and less amusing.

I've never found Paddy amusing or enjoyable in anything, and it just feels Freddie takes everything too far.

I'm pretty much at the stage of skipping to Chris' dedicated segment then switching off

Associate
Just got round to watching this and overs have said, a much better episode from my point of view.

It's episodes like this that are the answer to questions like "why do you still watch it then". There was much more focus on the cars, still kept some of the silly humour, but wasnt the travesty of last weeks. If they keep it up like this one it will hopefully be an enjoyable series.

Don
Just got round to watching this and overs have said, a much better episode from my point of view.

It's episodes like this that are the answer to questions like "why do you still watch it then". There was much more focus on the cars, still kept some of the silly humour, but wasnt the travesty of last weeks. If they keep it up like this one it will hopefully be an enjoyable series.

I quite agree :)

Associate
i've enjoyed these two episodes more than any others since JC, RH and JM left.

The F40, XJ200 and Diablo really provoke some kind of nostalgia for me, so i enjoyed that. I think Paddy's driving is probably genuine. Wall of death a bit 'meh', but the rest of that segment as good.

The episode before was daft, but funny in parts, and on the whole a reasonable watch.

Soldato
TBH, they're still a bit cardboard and awkward during the scripted bits, but you know they genuinely enjoy each other's company and the banter when they're just filming them doing stuff is great and heartfelt.

I can imagine they go for a few pints after and out of work, you never felt that from any of the previous hosts since JC etc.

Back
Top Bottom