Finding choosing the next car hard :/

Soldato

Give it 15 years and Harry Metcalfe will be drooling over it at one of those Silverstone Auctions previews he does with a £500,000 reserve on it. People may laugh but that thing was "form follows function'd" to do 230mph on an arrow straight section of the A12 between Bottrop and Duesseldorf. Sadly, the tyres available at the time couldn't cope so it was limited to 'just' 217mph. It's a VERY special car.

Soldato
You might escape provided it isn't fitted with crap Ebay lights and enormous VW stickers on the side. Because yea, lifestyle!

Ha ha. No, not at all. I specced factory LED's from the off, and paid an extortionate amount of money for a full correction detail and ceramic coatings. So no cheap lights or horrible stickers.

Associate
OP
So been good to read all the differing points of view, and it has actually helped. Ultimately whether I like it or not, I do assign some value to perception of others.

So I think that means I'm willing to spend a little more (or less) to get a SUV that is neither seen as flashy nor ugly and the CX-5 seems to fit that bill. I'll lose digital dials (No!) but I think I'd be overall happier also the extra size should ease the process of getting the bike in the back, it appears with the current Mazda offers to be very close cost wise to the Kamiq I was looking at. I think nas's suggestion of the CHR was a good shout but (a very personal view) I'm not quite sold on the styling....

Thanks for all the comments guys,

UL

Back
Top Bottom