Sony XF90

Soldato
I just updated the TV to the latest available version through the auto updater but it seems this is not quite the latest version, so I assume not released to Jersey yet.

Could that actually be why I can’t download Disney+ from the Google Play Store? I also cannot even see Now TV..

Associate
I just updated the TV to the latest available version through the auto updater but it seems this is not quite the latest version, so I assume not released to Jersey yet.

Could that actually be why I can’t download Disney+ from the Google Play Store? I also cannot even see Now TV..
What's your version number? Could help to confirm.

Caporegime

I very much doubt jersey has its own SKU

Caporegime
I'd recommend just buying a Chromecast the new one is expensive at £60 but it's silky smooth.

I just got one for my lg as webos doesn't have some apps I use.

I've got a Nvidia shield pro for the xf90.

Built in is okay for majority of folk but not for advanced users or those that want the best.

Soldato
The built in one is fine for casting Now TV and Disney+ without the app being on the TV, but it would be easier for my kids if they didn’t have to ask me to cast and could navigate Disney+ themselves, as they do with Netflix.

Soldato
The built in one is fine for casting Now TV and Disney+ without the app being on the TV, but it would be easier for my kids if they didn’t have to ask me to cast and could navigate Disney+ themselves, as they do with Netflix.

Just get the latest update from the site and stick it on a usb stick, make sure formatted to FAT32 and update it that way, saves a lot of headaches and then you know for sure its latest one and not over the air one that maybe out of date already by time they start sending it to your region.

If you can't download disney+ still on the over the air one it must be still out of date, i'm using firmware that came out around July last year (Firmware update to v6.6520) and it's worked ever since.

Soldato
I think the update said v6.6567 before I installed it but I can’t see where to find the firmware details in the settings menu following the update :confused:

Associate
just done the update on wifi press the help button its listed there, i'm on g6.6575 now was on g6.6545 before now tv is available and Disney plus

Soldato
Anyone found a way to hack the controller to reconfigure the buttons at all? It would be far more useful if the dedicated Google Play Store button could be tied to Amazon Prime...

Soldato
Sorry it is 6575 (PKG6.6575.0259EUA) model KD-65XF9005. And it still says not compatible wtf :confused:

version 8.0.0

Kernel version: 3.10.79

Play Store version 22.1.22-21 [8] [PR] 335052693.

Caporegime
Anyone found a way to hack the controller to reconfigure the buttons at all? It would be far more useful if the dedicated Google Play Store button could be tied to Amazon Prime...

I just have prime as the first thing in my favourites.

Hacking a controller sounds like a great way to break something accidentally.

Alternatively use a third party device. I just got a Nvidia shield pro as the built in smart system is very very weak and slow.

Even the Nvidia shield pro feels sluggish now I've loaded up a lot of stuff on it. A restart gets it nippy again before it eventually clogs up.

Soldato
That's interesting, let's see what Pie brings.
Not noticed an OTA type update as yet, although with the link above it could be done manually if wanted.

Thanks for posting about that, and the link.

Firmware-update-to-v6-7140-Sony-UK.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone tell me how you're supposed to do the update for this?
Put the PKG file into the root of a USB drive. TV on, insert USB drive - pops up and says I can open with Album, Open Video, Set it as Internal Storage, etc.
Doesn't do as the website indicates and automatically detect a software update.

Tried completely powering the TV off/on - detects a USB drive is connected, but doesn't treat it as something that can update the software.

*Edit*
OK - found another USB stick and that is working. Odd, TV was seeing a USB device, can only assume not being able to read it correctly

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can someone tell me how you're supposed to do the update for this?
Put the PKG file into the root of a USB drive. TV on, insert USB drive - pops up and says I can open with Album, Open Video, Set it as Internal Storage, etc.
Doesn't do as the website indicates and automatically detect a software update.

Tried completely powering the TV off/on - detects a USB drive is connected, but doesn't treat it as something that can update the software.

*Edit*
OK - found another USB stick and that is working. Odd, TV was seeing a USB device, can only assume not being able to read it correctly

Possibly the format or the size. Best to use a small usb stick for this kind of thing like 2gb in size.

Soldato
Question for Sony XF/XG/XH owners ( I assume it's the same for all): How long is the power adapter/cord? I can't find this info anywhere.

Edit: Found the answer, it's irrelevant on the 55" XH as it's detachable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom