New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Has anyone been able to resolve the constant blank screen when gaming with three monitors connected? I have three 27" screens, all different models, however with my 60Hz 1440P monitor connected this Dell keeps switching on and off, unplugging it resolves it. Any ideas?

Soldato
Wow, that cluster of scratches does not look good at all. Not fair that you are in a position to even feel the need to consider whether to keep the monitor or not. Tough call.
Personally I couldn't accept it, then again I have my monitor.

Good luck.

Associate
Has anyone been able to resolve the constant blank screen when gaming with three monitors connected? I have three 27" screens, all different models, however with my 60Hz 1440P monitor connected this Dell keeps switching on and off, unplugging it resolves it. Any ideas?

read my note about the Pixio PX227:
"If anyone is having problems with Freesync and blanking out issues. Download CRU and edit the "Range limits: 48-166, ...." to 50-166 under "Detailed Resolutions" click ok and then use the "Restart.exe" app to ensure your new settings are taken right there and then. You can use Gsync pendulum demo to test before and after. It works!"

This may solve your problem with the dell. Try 50 first, then go up if u need.

It is a freesync problem, however if your freesync is off then its something else, try swopping ports.

S2k

S2k

Associate
I just noticed my order status has changed to “In production”..

Fingers crossed that means I’ll get mine before 2022! :)

Associate
My warranty claim was finally accepted last Thursday. Got updated today with new purchase details and the expected delivery date is the 24/12/2020. I'm back onto Dell now to see what the hell is going on as it means I'll be 3 months since receiving this faulty monitor for a replacement which is totally unacceptable.

Permabanned
"If anyone is having problems with Freesync and blanking out issues. Download CRU and edit the "Range limits: 48-166, ...." to 50-166 under "Detailed Resolutions" click ok and then use the "Restart.exe" app to ensure your new settings are taken right there and then. You can use Gsync pendulum demo to test before and after. It works!"

It is a freesync problem, however if your freesync is off then its something else, try swopping ports.

A. Whats CRU? :p
B. This happens to me now and again using an NVidia card and 3 monitors, so would it help?

Associate
My warranty claim was finally accepted last Thursday. Got updated today with new purchase details and the expected delivery date is the 24/12/2020. I'm back onto Dell now to see what the hell is going on as it means I'll be 3 months since receiving this faulty monitor for a replacement which is totally unacceptable.
I'm afraid there is nothing they can do if they do not have stock

Associate
A. Whats CRU? :p
B. This happens to me now and again using an NVidia card and 3 monitors, so would it help?
CRU use google. It is an application. In my case it was monitor specific, my Dell did not do it but my Freesync P227X did it.
Download the Nvidia pendium demo and test your Dell montior with freesync on and adjust the rates between 50,40 etc fps and see if you can repoduce the problem concistantly.
Then do the changes I mentioned if you find it is a Freesync problem.

S2k

S2k

Associate
To be honest, I would be ok with this since they now have officially stated they will replace it. In the mean time you have a monitor to use (albeit with bad backlight bleed) chilled in the knowledge that a new one is coming. Plus we are all aware that Dell is having production issues which justifies the delay.

Soldato

At least you have a working monitor whilst this is ongoing. Good result with the acceptance of the return.
I got lucky as they had stock at the time for a new monitor, and mine was completely dead and so not usable at all. All done in around 24 hours. Excellent service by Dell.
Hopefully they might get stock earlier and so get a replacement out to you.

I think for some items this turnaround is something to be expected these days.

Good luck

Associate

Thanks, yes i've already tried that, i've changed it to 50 and even updated my 1080 TI using the Nvidia displayport tool

I'll experiment further with going slightly higher then.

Associate
Throwing my two pennies in; I ordered on the 14th October, had it confirmed on the 17th and now I see that it is 'about to enter production' with an estimated shipping date of the 20th November. I am looking forward to the screen arriving and I am content to wait for it, I still use a little 20" 16:10 Samsung screen from 2009. :(

Another update on this.

Three days ago I emailed customer support to confirm the delay, and if I could expect to wait until December as some of you folk have speculated. They responded yesterday to say that the expected delivery time was still the 20th of November. Now I've just had a look at my order again and it has now been shipped!

Associate
Weird mine's showing the same production stage but still showing 18 dec 2020 estimated time and I'm pretty sure I ordered before you did
i know mate.. i ordered on the 12.10.. people that were supposed to get the monitor on the 20.10 got info about December .. that is why I am surprised by this info

Rup

Rup

Associate
Ordered mine last week, has now shipped!
However as have now got a LG 27 4k 144Hz have asked Dell to cancel.
First world problems :)

Back
Top Bottom