2020 Firework Display at home

Soldato
With most of the locally run displays being cancelled, I'm looking to have a small display for my partner and her kids. I'm trying to source silent fireworks but short of buying online, which I'd prefer to avoid, I'm unable to find anything in relation to well known supermarkets stocking them.

Has anyone considered the same/had any luck sourcing locally or have you just ordered online?

Soldato
Just be careful, make sure you got plenty of garden path to scamper up once they lit. I know someone who was doing a display in the backgarden, the wind blew a firework over and it flew off into his hooded top then exploded. He collapsed in shock, and everyone watching thought he was dead lol.

Consigliere
Just be careful, make sure you got plenty of garden path to scamper up once they lit. I know someone who was doing a display in the backgarden, the wind blew a firework over and it flew off into his hooded top then exploded. He collapsed in shock, and everyone watching thought he was dead lol.

The "lol" at the end made me lol. :p

Caporegime
We could have an entire forum dedicated to firework fails. Like that fella who thought launching a skyrocket from his credit card slot would be fun until he clenched and it blew its firey load all over his posterior :D

Soldato

I went to a church one back at my parents probably 20 years ago now. There were loads of children and they had a stand with catherine wheels on that they were also launching the rockets off. The stand fell over towards the audience and shot rockets at us...it's amazing that no one was hurt. Pretty scary thinking about it! That was the last year that they put on a fireworks display.

Caporegime
There's a load of little ruffians round some of the streets here letting of fireworks at people and pets. I know it's only a
Few people. But it's so dangerous. It's no less dangerous than a gun.

To be honest I think they should be banned for private individuals.

Soldato
Me too, nothing funnier than thinking someone’s dead :p

It was such an outrageous event, that everyone who got told it, was like bloody hell! It put me off fireworks anyway.

And remember kids, don’t put fireworks through people’s letterboxes. On GD we put a different kind of firecracker through them!

Soldato
OP
Your poor neighbourhood pets :(
Indeed
He actually sounds like one of the few people actually considerate of such things? :confused:
I didn't even know silent fireworks existed, I don't know if I like the sound of that.

It's not just the pets, my GFs youngest has very sensitive hearing and even everyday sounds will cause him to freak out and scream so there is more than just one reason for this.

Caporegime
It was such an outrageous event, that everyone who got told it, was like bloody hell! It put me off fireworks anyway.

And remember kids, don’t put fireworks through people’s letterboxes. On GD we put a different kind of firecracker through them!

I'm opposite. We played with some fireworks at uni. Put a rocket in a wellie boot. Stood in a circle. The boot spins round and the rocket fires out randomly.. Such idot. Much wow

Get yourself a dose of the old Noravirus and you can fire a brown rocket through someone's letterbox

Back
Top Bottom