2020 Firework Display at home

Soldato
I missed that, but at the same time, silent fireworks?

*goes to do some googling*

OK, stuff like Catherine Wheels, and fountains, and sparklers, I just always default to big boom or whistler types when people talk about fireworks.

I must admit i thought the exact same thing.

Thankfully our little dog isn't bothered in the slightest by the loud bangs, but the neighbours dog is absolutely petrified of them.

Soldato
My firework fails:
Launching a big rocket out of a drain pipe on my shoulder, and watching it dip alarmingly before exploding in the field behind my house. Luckily no horses in there that night.
Drunkenly wedging a HUGE rocket far too deep into the lawn at the girlfs. It stayed rooted to the ground, and my mate was trapped at the far end of the garden as it burned a crater in the lawn. The bang it made set off all the car alarms in the street.
Having a banger fight with mates and holding onto the banger too long. Lucky not to lose a finger there.
Having a rocket battle with some mates. How someone didn't get hit I'll never know.

Soldato
It's a shame you no longer see flickering street lamps otherwise we could "ooo!" and "aaah!" at one of them for half an hour.

Man of Honour
Personally hate fireworks, mainly when they go off for 3-4 weekends and weekdays before and after fireworks night. May as well just burn some cash. Sorry, I’m getting old and grumpy :p

I’ve also stood at too many displays with ex’s in the rain while waiting an age past the start time while they try and light them.

Caporegime
Fireworks can spread COVID through someone touching it and then them exploding mid air, they're banned sorry.

Those that make a terrible screeching noise are fine though, I know it doesn't make any logical sense but then neither do most of the other restrictions.

Caporegime
Personally hate fireworks, mainly when they go off for 3-4 weekends and weekdays before and after fireworks night. May as well just burn some cash. Sorry, I’m getting old and grumpy :p

I’ve also stood at too many displays with ex’s in the rain while waiting an age past the start time while they try and light them.

Much more fun if they let them all go off at same time. Long drawn out displays in the wet and cold.. Yeah massively overrated.. Apparently.. Romantic? Meh

Soldato
What you really need is a repurposed captured German Panzerfaust, like these enterprising young chaps are using:

http://www.zen70509.zen.co.uk/fw.jpg

fw.jpg

They brewed up two lorries that night and knocked out the coal bunker at No. 47.

Back
Top Bottom