• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Seems we won't be hearing from Gibbo today. Would be nice even if he came in and said I just spoke with someone at ASUS and they have no plans to ship us any TUF 3080's for another x amount of weeks, will be a miracle if any turn up earlier :p

The way ASUS and Nvidia have handled this have been very poor.
He clearly doesn't give a crap. That one day when he came on for damage control. He actually spent a little time answering and replying to people. We thought he'd start to do better. Then goes underground again.

He said several times he can't spend the entire day on forums, if he did he no one would gets RTX 3000 cards coz he and teams is working so hard everyday to get them. Well Al day most days you'll see if you click his profile. I have done today Evey hour while I've bee in these forums all day on and off. He's been viewings loads of motor and stocks threads he was around 20mins ago too. But hes so hard at work. But spends all day in thread forums. But can't be here he says then is. Not a peep off him since damage control where I guess his boss told him to get on and sort out the theories of OCUK using cards on pre builds.

Associate
I am aware that competitor discussion is frowned upon here and could earn you a suspension. Thing is when you can garner more information from them about stock delivered in the u.k than the company that took your money then something fishy is going on.
As I said a couple of posts back if I don't see someone, anyone receive a tuf card this week be it o.c or non I'm gone and my money is going you know where.
I get that stock is in short supply but o.c should be embarrassed by the lack of information given to regular customers and new customers. If Gibbo worked for me he would have his p45 weeks ago.
Trouble is none of the competitors are giving any realistic info either. At the present time they just have a TBC on deliveries of all cards, and suppose they do get a delivery, it won't tell you which models were delivered nor how many. Gibbos information stream is dismal, but the information he does give is at least a lot more specific,

Take this for example:

3090 Gaming Trio - Small amount shipping from MSI factory 23rd October, ETA with OcUK end of October
3090 Ventus - Very small amount shipping same date
3080 Gaming Trio - Large amount shopping 23rd with a small additional amount shipping 31st
3080 Ventus - OK amount shipping from MSI factory 31st, due with us a week later.

So you are told each single model which is being shipped from HK and a rough eta together with a breakdown of quantities for each individual model - you don't get any of this from the competitor. This should land with OCUK later this week and it's roughly 175 cards from MSI alone the Inno order should land with another 65 Gigabyte another 75
Those alone take the expected stock this week to more than the competition claim to be expecting, and we haven't had any kind of an update from Gibbo as yet. Maybe more cards will land but without any kind of update we won't know.

Associate
If you know more then why not enlighten the poor guy instead of just doubting what he's been told?
Simple. This is not the subject of this thread. There is another one where everything has been covered.
But I just couldn't leave it, as the "poor guy" as you called him will be possibly going around and spreading this bs even further.

Associate
Trouble is none of the competitors are giving any realistic info either. At the present time they just have a TBC on deliveries of all cards, and suppose they do get a delivery, it won't tell you which models were delivered nor how many. Gibbos information stream is dismal, but the information he does give is at least a lot more specific,

Take this for example:

3090 Gaming Trio - Small amount shipping from MSI factory 23rd October, ETA with OcUK end of October
3090 Ventus - Very small amount shipping same date
3080 Gaming Trio - Large amount shopping 23rd with a small additional amount shipping 31st
3080 Ventus - OK amount shipping from MSI factory 31st, due with us a week later.

So you are told each single model which is being shipped from HK and a rough eta together with a breakdown of quantities for each individual model - you don't get any of this from the competitor. This should land with OCUK later this week and it's roughly 175 cards from MSI alone the Inno order should land with another 65 Gigabyte another 75
Those alone take the expected stock this week to more than the competition claim to be expecting, and we haven't had any kind of an update from Gibbo as yet. Maybe more cards will land but without any kind of update we won't know.
He did that once. Others give clear posts every day. And detailed numbers. The UK one with tables are giving dates the TBC is they are confining cards for that week. If they know no cards coming for that week they put n/a. Also look at the recent and past posts where they go into much more specific information and big posts everyday. Come on man. Anyone can see the UK one with the tables and daily posts on time same time everyday. IS FAR FAR BETTER THAN WHAT WE GET

Also if you have been following the tables. I've bee taking screen shots each wee you can work out how may of each brand of 3080 they have been getting and it a lot more than ocuk.

Associate
Seems we won't be hearing from Gibbo today. Would be nice even if he came in and said I just spoke with someone at ASUS and they have no plans to ship us any TUF 3080's for another x amount of weeks, will be a miracle if any turn up earlier :p

The way ASUS and Nvidia have handled this have been very poor.

I wonder if you actually read his thread? Here's what he said:

"Asus are going to be making none OC products as well, but as with all launches the first waves of stock are always the OC models, Asus have made no announcement stating none OC cards will be made and are still requesting resellers to setup and take orders for none OC products."

Associate
I'm
I wonder if you actually read his thread? Here's what he said:

"Asus are going to be making none OC products as well, but as with all launches the first waves of stock are always the OC models, Asus have made no announcement stating none OC cards will be made and are still requesting resellers to setup and take orders for none OC products."
Did you even read that guys post ? Lol
He's not even taking about non OC. He's on a out Asus as a hole. That post was about non OC gibbo posted.

Associate
He did that once. Others give clear posts every day. And detailed numbers. The UK one with tables are giving dates the TBC is they are confining cards for that week. If they know no cards coming for that week they put n/a. Also look at the recent and past posts where they go into much more specific information and big posts everyday. Come on man. Anyone can see the UK one with the tables and daily posts on time same time everyday. IS FAR FAR BETTER THAN WHAT WE GET

Also if you have been following the tables. I've bee taking screen shots each wee you can work out how may of each brand of 3080 they have been getting and it a lot more than ocuk.
Oh really? And what was the quantity breakdown across all the MSI cards which they had delivered and shipped last week? And how exactly does this table differentiate between orders delivered and cancellations?

I'll bet you can't answer those questions because the information simply isn't there.

Associate
Oh really? And what was the quantity breakdown across all the MSI cards which they had delivered and shipped last week? And how exactly does this table differentiate between orders delivered and cancellations?

I'll bet you can't answer those questions because the information simply isn't there.
Wow seriously. Why you trying to do damage control. Anyone with a brain can see everywhere else is doing a better job. Gibbo did that once out of 5 weeks a good post about those MSI cards. Which is the sort of info we want. But other places not just the one in UK with the tables some actually showing numbers for spefic cards. Example. The one place that is well known now as they where the first place to show numbers. So specific for each card. They have had 78 Asus TUF OC in and show 100 more on way.

You can say what you want. But the 1000s of others who agree with me that the info is far better elsewhere.

And looking at my screen shots the tables place orders have gone down 55 on the Asus models. That's still more than we have been told specifics about each model. In 5 weeks I've gone from 17th to top 10

At the end of the day 99% of people would rather the info the place in uk with the tables and daily updates at 9.30am and 14.30pm would prefer to what we get here.

Associate
Push button for updates on Asus cards...

tenor.gif

Don
Wow seriously. Why you trying to do damage control. Anyone with a brain can see everywhere else is doing a better job. Gibbo did that once out of 5 weeks a good post about those MSI cards. Which is the sort of info we want. But other places not just the one in UK with the tables some actually showing numbers for spefic cards. Example. The one place that is well known now as they where the first place to show numbers. So specific for each card. They have had 78 Asus TUF OC in and show 100 more on way.

You can say what you want. But the 1000s of others who agree with me that the info is far better elsewhere.

And looking at my screen shots the tables place orders have gone down 55 on the Asus models. That's still more than we have been told specifics about each model. In 5 weeks I've gone from 17th to top 10

What 1000's that agree with you?

Associate

I'm not disagreeing with you that the info here has been poor, but my point is that the information when it is given is better than the competition. Gibbo gave a breakdown of what is going to come into stock, you cannot derive that information from the competitors tables therefore the information given here is of a better quality. Of course if you think I'm wrong all you need do is to post the breakdown of the quanities of MSI cards coming into stock at the competitor this coming week but somehow I think you will resort to insults again because you cannot do that.

Associate
What 1000's that agree with you?
Considering 10s of 1000s of posts in the 500 pages that was removed and the 740 pages on the thread most unhappy with the lack of communication. So yes 1000s

Even some of the other mods have given up trying to help and agreed the information and lack of it wasn't right. And where daily asking for more clearer info for us, giving feedback to the shop which feel on deaf ears.

Associate
Yet they're listed on the NVidia website as such.
So not clear at all then
i thought they were listed as re-sellers and were actually missing from the partners list?

Simple. This is not the subject of this thread. There is another one where everything has been covered.
But I just couldn't leave it, as the "poor guy" as you called him will be possibly going around and spreading this bs even further.
We're not getting stock updates here though and tbh in 2 replies you could have cleared things up for him (and others). This thread has not been a "stock" only thread in quite some time ;)

In the last 2-3 days we've seen a competitor open and close pre-orders for 3080s and 3090s. GB Aorus Master & Extreme, Zotac OC & also MSI Trio. This particular competitor even listed estimated arrival times on these products so they MUST know when they will land. Their previous "estimates" have actually been bang on. Id be worried if OC/Gibbo don't have the same info. They just choose NOT to share it. Its their choice but it does seem silly to me and only hurts them going forward

Associate
Trouble is none of the competitors are giving any realistic info either. At the present time they just have a TBC on deliveries of all cards, and suppose they do get a delivery, it won't tell you which models were delivered nor how many.

I've kept an eye on other places myself with a lot of scrutiny, and as you've pointed out, it's simply not accurate information. All updates with them are estimates, they're date ranges a very large amount of which turn out to be wrong or delayed. So let's just not be really stupid about this and call it what it is, a guess. It's a double edge sword you give more frequent updates by guessing you satiate the demands of people for more frequent updates but then you set expectation for a bunch of people that are then broken and they get mad because it was inaccurate.

It's also really strange to me that most safe estimates put these queues on timeframes of about ~4 months to work through from launch, with expected delays through until next year. But that people are extremely bent out of shape about if 1 competitor can offer updates a few days ahead of another competitor. Most of us will be waiting ages, that's the bottom line, updates don't make the cards come any fast, just accept that your insatiable desire for updates is more to do with your mentally coping with that wait. Once you've kinda just come to accept the wait is going to be bad the less you'll care about upates. I mean there's some people who have said they don't care if there's no new news, that they want an update saying there's no news anyway.

It's kinda like watching people go through the 5 stages of grief :D Do yourself a favour and rush to acceptance you'll feel a lot better when you get there.

Associate

Ohh God, you're back with your nonsense. We have heard NOTHING from ocuk AGAIN for days. Competition might not give you exact info on exact models, but they give you way more in DAILY updates than we get here. It's not perfect but at least they communicate and not IGNORE costumers. Here you have a couple of daily updates that ocuk isn't anywhere near to.

12/10/20 - As expected there were no new deliveries arrived over the weekend so the outstanding pre-orders only reflects any cancellations. We have confirmed deliveries of RTX 3080 arriving for EVGA, GIGABYTE, PALIT & ZOTAC along with RTX 3090 from ASUS, EVGA, PALIT & ZOTAC for this week. We are trying to confirm all TBCs as soon as possible.

09/10/20 - The Expected MSI RTX 3090 shipment has arrived. We will be shipping these out to customers today. We have been informed by ASUS that we can expect a delivery of RTX 3090 next week, and have added this to the table. As there are no further updates on deliveries for this week the next FAQ page update will be on Monday 12th October.

Associate
I'm not disagreeing with you that the info here has been poor, but my point is that the information when it is given is better than the competition. Gibbo gave a breakdown of what is going to come into stock, you cannot derive that information from the competitors tables therefore the information given here is of a better quality. Of course if you think I'm wrong all you need do is to post the breakdown of the quanities of MSI cards coming into stock at the competitor this coming week but somehow I think you will resort to insults again because you cannot do that.
I agree when and again very little of it was given especially that post you spoke of by Gibbo's was good. And that's what we want. But let's be real. If Ocuk was doing exactly what the other place with the tables in the UK was doing. I and surely you know these thread wouldn't be anywhere near as large and people annoyed. Hell that first thread that was hidden of 500 pages wouldn't of been removed. We would still all be on that one less than 500 pages. This one would have never been created. If was was getting what that place gives every day. I would check once a day at 4pm to see both the written update and the change to the tables and that's it. I wouldnt be annoyed at all I swear.

Back
Top Bottom