Help. Out of my depth

Associate
OP
Hi Everyone ,Today the day I start my Build....I have all the bits now and I have done a usb copy of my win 10.
Gonna take my time and make sure I earth myself a lot.
Here Goes.

Associate
fence houses born but near Crook now

It’s a small world when you get into forums like this, I’m from Kirk Merrinton lol. I was in exactly the same position as you a year or so ago, I’m a mechanic by trade so always like to try my hand and watched a lot of videos. I would suggest you get a clean space out the way of any children or pets and just take your time. It’s honestly a lot easier than it looks and you get so much more satisfaction knowing you have built it by your own hand. That being said I did have a very good friend of mine have to sort out my bios flash back once it was built up. Who also lives in crook btw, so have no fear one way or another the guys in this group will keep you right

I wish you all the best and keep us updated

Associate
OP
Sorry for Delay in getting back.
Got pc nearly finished. Put motherboard Bundle in,Graphics Card, M2 ssd and aDVD player/Burner.
Power it up and all seems fine ....Guess ths is becase Bundle is tested before its sent out? I loaded windows off usb and only snag is I was using a small LED tv ia HDMI instead of my normal monitor and the screen display is to big but im hoping this will sort itself when i connect to normal monitor.
My thing now is The Drivers. I guess the motherboard bundle will be all up to date because of testing by company I bought it offso i think i now have to do graphics card and dvd is this right or should I be doing other stuff ?
Thanks for reading and all privious help.

Associate
screen display is to big
Pretty sure it is a matter of updating drivers. Until then it is working in compatibility mode with a default works-everywhere resolution.
Run Windows Update, it should fetch appropriate ones automatically. (There won't be any preloaded drivers left over from testing, because you are installing in on an empty drive.)

Associate
OP
Be tomorrow before I can get back to Pc chaoss666 hopefully when i rig it up to normal monitor it will be ok...hopfully.
Quartz the PC is for general surfing,Torrents and Light Digital Phatography.Its just to replace a PC iv had for about 10 year.

Associate
OP
Screen issue sorted when I got to hook up to my normal PC monitor .Now I need to get win 10 to recognise my DVD/CD player -Burner.....a known problem on Win 10 I belive

Soldato
"Self build" - I just looked at parts in OCUK Bundles. Asked a few questions on the forum to see which parts could be improved - then bought parts from OCUK. All arrived in 2 days and worked first time. Reactivating windows on SSD took a bit of fiddling. Setting BIOS for best performance is probably trickiest thing?

Mel

Associate
OP
Cant get PC to show DVD/CD inbuilt player.
I have ran update in Device Manager, Windows updates I've even re wired it but still no Disk showing or playing. Its has power to it because it opens and closes and whirrs when I put a disk In.

Associate
OP
yup got SATA cable on as well as power cable .Gonna have a nother look later tonight I did notice in device manager yellow triangles next to 3 PCI Device " Things" But I have opend them and don update driver and still yellow.

Back
Top Bottom